41% of menu rated `healthy.'
- Beer on the menu. // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec97, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p62
Presents information on fine dining and casual menus incorporated by beer. Why Crofton on Wells chose beers to complement their Indian Summer menu; Price of microbrews at Mondo Burrito; Information on the 16th Annual Great American Beer Festival.
- Education is key ingredient in the recipe. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/98 Supplement, Vol. 11, p10S
Looks at some of the programs being launched to educate students on healthy eating. Reference to the increase in the number of healthy foods being introduced to menus; How children can be involved in their nutrition; Ways in which to entice children to eat healthy.
- Your diet: Restaurant rules. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/23/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p81
The article offers tips regarding the selection of healthy food at restaurants.
- Balancing menus with healthful choices is weighty matter restaurants must take on. Barnard, Neal D. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/6/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p19
Comments on the willingness of restaurants in the United States to accommodate the requests of health-conscious diners. Advantage of offering meatless menus; Recommendation to include vegetarian dishes in every menu; Increase of the demand for health foods.
- Spa lite cuisine. McRobbie, Jason // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2006, Issue 286, p68
The article reports on the offer of de-stressing menus by Vida Wellness Spa, located within The Sutton Place Hotel in downtown Vancouver. Executive chef Kim Thai and Fleuri Restaurant Chef Raman Armand worked closely with the spa to create healthy food menus for the customers. The creation of a...
- Nutrition Advocates Try Carrots instead of Laws. // Restaurant Business;10/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p12
Instead of trying to force menu changes through legislation, at least two health-advocacy groups are pressing for more healthful choices by recognizing restaurants that voluntarily lighten up. In Vermont, more than 40 restaurants have been sanctioned as EatSmart options by Blue Cross and Blue...
- Menus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/17/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
The article lists menus for Donley County senior citizens, Hedley senior citizens, and Clarendon Independent School District (ISD) in Texas.
- GLOBAL PULSE. // Marketing (00253650);5/22/2003, p52
Presents news briefs related to health related products offered by different companies. Introduction of healthy menus by the Hong Kong, China-based cafÃ© Kosmo and McDonald's in Italy.
- Ethnic menus. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p100
Examines nutritional benefits from ethnic foods. Traditional diets of Mediterranean countries; Moderate consumption of wine in Mediterranean countries; France's typical diet rich in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol; Suggestions for developing healthy, ethnic menus.