The Cultural Evolution
- The International 20th Century Arts Fair in New York. Tao, Margaret // Orientations;Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p73
The article reports on the second International 20th Century Arts Fair held in New York City from November 25 to 29, 2000. The fair was organized by Brian and Anna Haughton and featured 56 participants. Among the art pieces that were included in the fair are the Siddhartha and Red Gate. Also,...
- New York. Tao, Margaret // Orientations;Apr98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p68
The article offers information on the exhibition by London dealer Michael Goedhuis in the spring of 1998 at the Beadleston Gallery in New York from April 22-May 2, 1998. The exhibition was focused on the contemporary works of Yang Yanping, a contemporary Chinese artist born in Nanjing, China....
- Chinese Contemporary Art Boom. Goldstein, Doris // Art & Antiques;Jun2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p30
The article presents information related to the rise in demand for Chinese contemporary art. Sotheby, the international auction house, created a new department of Chinese contemporary art in New York City. Michael Goedhuis, who opened Goedhuis Contemporary in London in 1995 and a New York...
- Van Gogh, Outsourced. Zhao, Michael // Forbes Asia;9/18/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p57
The article discusses the prevalence of mass-produced Chinese art in the U.S. Most reproductions of this sort come from China, where at least 30,000 painters earning $100 to $150 a week work in oil painting villages churning out copies of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam, Vincent van Gogh's...
- Sotheby's Auctions in Hong Kong -- Spring 2011. A. K. // Orientations;Jun2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p95
The article reports on several auctions by Sotheby's Hong Kong on spring 2011. The auction "20th Century Chinese Art" on April 4, 2011 saw 106 of the 119 lots offered sold. The auction reached a total sales of more than 117 million Hong Kong dollars due to the six works that were sold for more...
- Ready, Set, Spring! // Bon Appetit;May2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p76
This section offers designing tips for the spring season including ideas on painting, indoor and outdoor design.
- awash in meaning. // Interior Design;Aug2015, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p48
The article offers author's insights regarding his passion in using watercolor in architectural design, achievements in painting with watercolors, and how he shares his designs through digital communication.
- A Private Collection On Display. Getlein, Frank // New Republic;5/8/61, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p27
Provides information on art shows held at the National Gallery in Washington, D.C., which showcase Chinese art and objects from the Imperial Palace Collection. Aim of creating the Marie and Averell Harriman Collection; Masterpieces of French painting featured at the shows.
- MOTHS TO THE FLAME: RADIANCE AND RUPTURE IN THE WORK OF XIE NANXING. Spalding, David // Art Papers Magazine;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p39
The article takes a look on the work of Chinese artist Xie Nanxing whose paintings have created psychologically profound experiences where it can catch glimpses of the real. According to Xie, the creation of his work is prefaced by a period of intense reflection and inner turmoil about the...