- Kids: rent your very own baseball-playing jailbird. // Computer Weekly;7/1/2003, p44
Former U.S. baseball player Jose Canseco has put himself up for sale on the Internet â€” one afternoon at a time. Any youngster with $2,500 to spare can rent Canseco for an afternoon and frolic him. "Spend the afternoon with Jose at his house in south Florida," the site reads. "Round-trip...
- Big Man In The Big House. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;6/30/2003, Vol. 98 Issue 26, p17
Focuses on a visit the author had with former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco. When Canseco welcomed me into his South Florida home one day in mid-June, the only' roids he had to fear were hemorrhoids. He was rooted to his sofa, under house arrest, in a kind of extravagant prison:...
- Steroids: True Stories. Bilmes, David // School Library Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p56
The article reviews the educational video "Steroids: True Stories," hosted by Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling.
- The Literary Life. Bechtel, Mark; Cannella, Stephen // Sports Illustrated;5/2/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p16
Reports that former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco and his twin brother, Ozzie, were found liable in a lawsuit filed by two men who said the brothers beat them up at a Miami nightclub in 2001. Discussion of the sales of Canseco's book on steroid use in Major League Baseball; Review of...
- TO KNOW LIST 3: YOU HEARD IT HERE. // Sporting News;3/18/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that sultan of steroids Jose Canseco, responding on Sporting News Radio to 1988 ALMVP runner-up Mike Greenwell's suggestion that the trophy should belong to him.
- A Baseball Stat to Care About. Munching, Philip Van // Brandweek;2/21/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p21
Comments on the use of steroids by baseball players in the U.S. Information on the book "Juiced," by baseball player Jose Canseco; Effect of steroids on baseball records; Impact of tolerance policies in baseball on the health of baseball players.
- Canseco VS. Rose. // Publishers Weekly;2/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p5
Presents information on the comparison of the book pronouncement of baseball player Pete Rose and Jose Canseco. Theme of the book released by the players; Views of Rose and Canseco on gambling and steroid use.
- Damage Control vs the Wild Pitch on Steroids. Amtmann, John // Coach & Athletic Director;May/Jun2005, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p64
The article criticizes former ballplayer Jose Canseco's message in his book on baseball and steroids. It highlights Canseco's achievements in sports and his use of steroids. It emphasizes his lack of strength training program. It suggests a five-point coaching approach to the problem of steroid use.
- TO KNOW LIST 2: Get ready for Round 2. // Sporting News;3/31/2008, Vol. 232 Issue 13, p4
The article offers information on Jose Canseco's new novel regarding baseball, which is titled "Vindicated." It states that the controversial author, who revealed incidents regarding the use of steroids in baseball, is all set for the new release and if anyone could squeeze out anything from the...