Best Buy's Art of War
- Best Buy's Quest to Master Customer Centricity. Millstein, Marc // Chain Store Age;Dec2007, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p2A
The article profiles retail store company Best Buy. The company's revenue growth, which jumped more than $10 billion in just the past three years to $35.9 billion in 2006, underscores the on-target success of the company's strategy. Best Buy truly uses information it gathers on customers to...
- Best Buy Set For Price Battle This Holiday. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;11/20/2013, pA04
Consumer electronics retailer
- RIM's Needs a New PlayBook Strategy. // Channel Insider;12/21/2011, p1
The article discusses the problems concerning write-downs and retailer price cuts on Research In Motion Ltd.'s (RIMs) PlayBook tablet. It notes that RIM chief executive Mike Lazaridis still believes that the PlayBook device is the most secure and advanced tablet on the market. However, the price...
- Best Buy Plans More 'Aggressive' Moves. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/9/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the business plans and financial performance of Best Buy for its fiscal year and fourth quarter ended March 3, 2007. The company reported a total revenue of $12.9 billion during the quarter, representing an increase of 21% compared to the previous year's quarter. This...
- Best Buy U.S. Stores Increase Q4 Operating Income. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/18/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p53
This article reports on the operating income posted by Best Busy U.S. stores during the fiscal fourth quarter ended February 26, 2005. Spurred by strong revenue gains in February, Best Buy U.S. stores, which includes Best Buy and Magnolia Audio Video operations, posted operating income of $735...
- LOCAL BEST BUYS PART OF COMPANY REMODELING PLAN. Emerson, Laura // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 47, pP12
The article reports on the introduction of a new concept by retailer Best Buy at its stores in Las Vegas, Nevada, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and some shops in New Mexico.
- Best Buy Opens Its Second Store In Manhattan. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p4
Reports that Best Buy Co. opened its second retail store in Manhattan, New York City, in July 2003. Various promotional events organized to support the store's launch.
- Best Buy's Urban Advance. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Sep2002, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p118
Discusses the design and construction of Best Buy Co. Inc. consumer electronics store in San Francisco, California. Obstacles successfully overcame to build the store; Overriding goal throughout the project-development process; Information on the creation of the store facade.
- Inside Best Buy. // Chain Store Age;Sep2002, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p120
Discusses the design of the Best Buy Co. Inc. consumer electronics store in San Francisco, California. Store layout features; Store signage; Predominant color that reinforces Best Buy's brand equity.