Cut Out the Middleman
- Checklist of White House Press Releases. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/28/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p1509
A list of White House press releases from August 21 to 25, 2006 is presented. Releases from the Office of the Press Secretary include fact sheets on U.S. assistance to Lebanon and the first year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, as well as transcripts of press briefings such as one given by Gulf...
- "Katrina Response: Actually â€¦ Much of it Is Working". Jampoler, Andrew C.A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2005, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p64
The article presents comments of the author on federal assistance provided to Hurricane Katrina affected areas of New Orleans, Louisiana. According to the author, Katrina was as powerful as a thermo-nuclear weapon. Many predicted that such destruction of property was so great that it required a...
- Remarks at a Reception Honoring Hispanic Heritage Month. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/10/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p1513
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered at a reception honoring the Hispanic Heritage Month held in the East Room at the White House in Washington, D.C. on October 7, 2005. Contributions of Hispanic Americans to the nation; Recognition of the tradition of service in the...
- To Little, Too Late. // Progressive;Nov2005, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p23
Several photographs related to protests by Americans against President George W. Bush's lack of leadership are presented. Residents of Detroit, Michigan demonstrated against the Bush Administration's slow response to Hurricane Katrina on September 2, 2005. On September 8, the organization...
- Fala and Other Furry Friends. House, Katherine // Appleseeds;Sep2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on pets which resided in the White House, the residence of the president of the United States, including Dick, a mockingbird, Algonquin,a pony and Fala, a Scottie dog.
- The First Party at the President's House. Bushong, William B. // Appleseeds;Sep2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p22
Details the first party held at the White House, the residence of the United States president, an event hosted by then President John Adams and First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Tour the WHITE HOUSE. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;1/17/2003, Vol. 84 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the 100th anniversary of the West Wing of the White House. Web site on touring the White House.
- Executive sweet. Georges, Christopher // Washington Monthly;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p35
Examines the high life in the White House. The issue of perks; Staff; Health care; `Gift analyzers'; Florists; Calligraphers; Travel costs; Budget; Attitudes engendered among president's top aides; Limousine service; Parking privileges; Private gym; Entertainment; Clinton administration;...
- Things to remember if you're invited to the White House. Heinrichs, Jay // Yankee;Oct94, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p82
Relates the author's experiences on being invited to the White House in Washington, D.C. Author as husband of a New Hampshire Democratic party member; Excitement before going to the White House; White House's security, food and drinks; Taking of various items as souvenirs; Bragging about the visit.