- 20 Years Later. // Time;4/17/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 16, p101
The article reports on the April 1950 performance of the Dow-Jones industrial index which stood at 212.55, the highest closing level since October 3, 1930 and higher than the 1946 high.
- Tangible Investments Inc. // Orange County Business Journal;11/28/2016, Vol. 39 Issue 48, pB-24
The article presents a graph showing the financial performance of stocks on the Dow Jones Industrial Average index in November 2016.
- Dow Industrials And Dow Transports. // DRIP Investor;Nov2016, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
A graph is presented depicting the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Dow Jones Transportation Average as of November 2016.
- MARKET COMMENTARY. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/10/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 37, p3
The author reflects on the Dow Industrials and Theories in the U.S. The author states that the recommended cash position is now 5% to 15% to provide flexibility in the event of rank changes in Dow averages. The author also projects that reconfirmation of the bullish primary trend will remain...
- Further Evidence on the Presence of Non-Linearity in the DJIA. Mikhail, Ossama; Baker, Josiah // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p552
The article discusses evidence on the presence of non-linearity in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA). The time period of the daily continuously compounded returns of the DJIA is presented. The mathematical models and process used to determine the presence of non-linearity in the DJIA are...
- A high-low-based omnibus test for symmetry, the LÃ©vy property, and other hypotheses on intraday returns. Klößner, Stefan // Finance & Stochastics;2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
We consider different models for intraday log-returns: LÃ©vy models, symmetric models, and LÃ©vy processes subjected to independent continuous time-changes. For these models, we show bivariate interchangeability of intraday up- and downside volatility ratios which are built using daily...
- Record One-Day Gains and Losses on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p59
Several charts are presented that list record one-day gains and losses on the Dow Jones Industrial Average as of September 30, 2007.
- Equity Selling Sends Retail Stocks Down. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 131, p14
The article reports on the fall in retail stock prices on June 22, 2010. The sector fell by 2% following widespread selling in equities. The S&P Retail Index lost 8.60 points to close at 415.82. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.%, or 148.89 points as the energy sector is uncertain on the...
- Summer No Picnic for Investors. O'Connell, Brian // BioPharm International;Sep2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
The article talks about the issue on liquidity among biopharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Most of these firms will find it difficult to find the capital they need to keep going. In relation to this, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gave back 1,400 points on increased fears over a worldwide...