Morose or Eager, Bulls or Bears, We Look Like Our Ancestors
- Bullish On Bearishness. Granahan, Tom // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/24/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 28, p4
The author reflects on the current situation of the financial market in the U.S. He mentions that there is always hope in the economic downturn since financial markets have always opportunities, regardless of direction. In addition, even in this current financial market crisis, some corners of...
- How Now Dow? // DRIP Investor;Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
In this article the author discusses the aspects of Dow Theory to discern whether the U.S. market's primary trend is bearish or bullish. He does not recommend the use of Dow Theory in an all-or-nothing fashion because of the reason that it is infallible. However, he prefers to consider Dow...
- The bull and bear explained - and how to plan for both varieties of markets. Conte, Anthony M. // Central Penn Business Journal;4/19/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p19
The article offers information on the bullish and bearish phenomenon of the stock markets.
- Stock market not ready for bear quite yet. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p26A
The article discusses the trends in the stock market wherein the bear market and bull market are being compared.
- Tug of war continues for Bulls and Bears. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p8
In this article the author discusses aspects of the continued struggle between the Bull and Bear markets which shows stronger earnings and lukewarm economic indicators on companies in the U.S.
- ASK TIP SHEET. Monson, Kyle // Newsweek;3/22/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p67
Poses a question and presents an answer about where the terms bull and bear market originated.
- Investors: Fear market as you would hungry crocodile. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p31
Focuses on the internal condition of market. Preparation of the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation (NASDAQ) for a new rally high at the end of December; Projection on the early stages OF the end of the bull market; Evidence on the theory of the bull market from the...
- Dow Theory perspective. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/21/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 51, p3
In this article author discusses the significance of Dow Theory in interpreting the timing of the stock market in the U.S. The author explains the capability of the Dow Theory to explain the action of the stock market in 2009 including a continuing bear market, an unconfirmed bull market and a...
- Asset Pricing Behaviour with Dual-Beta in Case of Pakistani Stock Market. JAVID, ATTIYA Y.; AHMAD, EATZAZ // Pakistan Development Review;Summer2011, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p95
This study investigates the dynamics of beta by the asymmetric response of beta to bullish and bearish market environment on 50 stocks traded in Karachi Stock Exchange during 1993-2007. The results show that the betas increase (decrease) when the market is bullish (bearish). The results however...