A once-yearly intravenous infusion of zoledronic acid prevented fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: COMMENTARY
- BonivaÂ®: the new quarterly intravenous osteoporosis treatment. // South African Pharmaceutical Journal;2014, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p34
The article states that the Boniva injection containing bisphosphonate and ibandronate is used for treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women to reduce the risk of vertebral fractures. Ibandronate does not directly affect bone formation but selectively inhibits osteoclast activity which...
- Efficacy and safety of a bisphosphonate dosed once weekly . Baran, Daniel // Geriatrics;Mar2001, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p28
Evaluates the efficacy and safety of biphosphonate alendronate in treating and preventing postmenopausal osteoporosis. Clinical impact of osteoporosis; Steps in a bone remodeling cycle; Evaluation of other antiresorptive agents.
- Alendronate may help prevent steroid-induced osteoporosis in women. // Geriatrics;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on a study conducted in the United States which reported that bisphosponate alendronate sodium (Fosomax) can prevent and treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and osteoporosis caused by corticosteroid therapy in women. Comments from study co-author, Kenneth Saag; Information on...
- Long-Term Tolerability of the Bisphosphonates in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: A Comparative Review. Kherani, R.B.; Papaioannou, A.; Adachi, J.D. // Drug Safety;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p781
Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women is a growing health concern for society. Bisphosphonates have become the mainstay of prevention and treatment with the mounting evidence of their efficacy over the past two decades. This review article examines the use of the etidronate, alendronate and...
- Bisphosphonates reduce fractures, pain of multiple myeloma. // Oncology Nurse Advisor;May/Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- Denosumab, an alternative to bisphosphonates but also associated with osteonecrosis of the jaw - what is the risk? // British Dental Journal;8/14/2015, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p117
Dental health to be secured before and during denosumab therapy.
- Alendronate reduces fracture risk for women with low T scores. // Geriatrics;Mar99, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on a study which determined the efficacy of biphosphonate alendronate sodium in preventing bone fractures in postmenopausal women. Methodology; Findings of the study; Conclusion.
- Persistence with weekly and monthly bisphosphonates among postmenopausal women: analysis of a US pharmacy claims administrative database. Tao Fan; Qiaoyi Zhang; Shuvayu S. Sen // ClinicoEconomics & Outcomes Research;2013, Vol. 5, p589
Background: Bisphosphonates are available in daily, weekly, and monthly dosing formulations to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis. Some researchers suggested that adherence to monthly bisphosphonate might be different from that with weekly or daily bisphosphonate because of different dosing...
- Preference for weekly and monthly bisphosphonates among patients with postmenopausal osteoporosis: results from the Croatian PROMO Study. Kastelan, Darko; Lozo, Petar; Stamenkovic, Doris; Miskic, Blazenka; Vlak, Tonko; Kolak, Zeljka; Milas Ahic, Jasminka; Altabas, Velimir; Crncevic Orlic, Zeljka; Korsic, Mirko // Clinical Rheumatology;Mar2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p321
The PROMO (preference for once monthly bisphosphonate) Study, conducted in seven hospital centres in Croatia between June 2007 and June 2008, was designed to analyse patient preference for weekly and monthly bisphosphonates in everyday clinical practice where the significant proportion of...