- EC law on retrofitting mirrors. // Commercial Motor;10/19/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5100, p16
The article reports that trucks in the European Union will have to be retrofitted with blind-spot mirrors or equivalent devices under new legislation proposed by the European Commission. It wants goods vehicles of 3.5 tonnes or more registered after 2004 to be retrofitted within year of the...
- Eyes on the road. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p52
Introduces several camera-based systems and imaging systems for blind-side detection and rearward vision that can be used in several trucks and commercial vehicles. CVC320XL camera from Intec Video Systems; Safety Vision Backup Camera System from Safety Vision; Eagle Eye ultrasonic sensor from...
- CV SHOW--GARAGE EQUIPMENT. // Motor Transport;3/25/2004, pVI
Focuses on the trucking garage equipment featured at the Commercial Vehicle Show on March 23-25, 2004. Testing equipment from AP Diesels; Fleet Minder garage management software from ASC Software; Eli-Flex anti-roll bars from Eli-Chem Resins UK.
- Mouvex to display screw compressor technology at 2014 IAA Show. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;8/13/2014, p1
The article offers brief information on the MH6 Screw Compressor and the Flow Control B200 Model Screw Compressor from Mouvex for commercial vehicle industry to be displayed at the 65th Annual International Motor Show (IAA) Commercial Vehicles in Hannover, Germany.
- Kenworth Offers New Caterpillar C13, C11 Engines. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that Kenworth Truck Co. has announced that is now offering new, enhanced Caterpillar C13 and C11 engine offerings for its Class 8 truck models. Caterpillar's C13 engine with new 470-horsepower rating is available with torque ratings of 1,550 lb.-ft. and 1,650 lb.-ft. for...
- Fleet Management Symposium Scheduled for the Work Truck Show 2005. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
The article reports that a Fleet Management Symposium is slated to kick off the more than 30 training opportunities scheduled for the Work Truck Show 2005 and 41st Annual National Truck Equipment Association Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. The symposium that will be held on February...
- November US Class 8 used truck volumes falter, but rise slightly Y/Y. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;12/23/2015, p6
The article discusses the report "State of the Industry: US Classes 3-8 Used Trucks" from the commercial vehicle industry data publisher Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research, Co., LLC which showed variations of metrics on U.S. Class 8 used trucks as of November 2015.
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p18
The article offers updates on equipment in the trucking industry in the U.S. Bridgestone Americas will be acquiring Bandag for $1.05 billion in a cash merger. The Holland Group and Otto Sauer Achsenfabrik of Germany signed an agreement that will result in the merger of the firms. Meritor WABCO...
- Class 8 vehicle net orders fulfill weak expectations. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p15
The article highlights the 18% decline at 6,513 units of heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicle net orders in January 2010 from the same period in 2009 in the U.S.