West Motor Freight hits the century mark
- Road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe during Q2. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;9/27/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5248, p24
The article reports that trucks registered in Great Britain account for about 25 percent of road-freight traffic heading from England to mainland Europe during the second quarter of 2007, according to figures from the Department for Transport. A total of 725,300 goods units traveled to Europe in...
- Germany gets set to enter the age of the road train. Salter, Andy // Commercial Motor;7/20/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5187, p14
The article focuses on plans for a trial of the first German road trains in the Lower Saxony region beginning July 2006. Three German haulage operators will put the road trains into service during the year-long trial to gain experience of the bigger trucks. The Ministry of Transport of Lower...
- West Motor Freight Buys Flatbed Hauler. // Traffic World;9/17/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 37, p25
The article reports on the acquisition of Sanger Trucking LLC by West Motor Freight Company, as part of its business development plans, in the U.S. According to Matthew Bates, chief executive officer (CEO) of West, the acquisition was a key to counter the increasing competition in the truckload...
- Questioning the obvious. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jul2001, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p8
Questions the reliability of team driving in moving freight over long distances. Costs and productivity of a team operation; Details of the growing reliance on total supply chain management systems.
- Spot market sees seasonal volume dip. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/15/2013, p3
The article reports on the DAT North American Freight Index which shows that the spot market truckload freight volume declined 5.3% in September 2013.
- Secrets of the Freight Industry. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;07/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p69
Focuses on the freight industry. Worst day of the week to ship; Busiest season; Trend of creating more distribution centers worldwide; Use of the term `logistics' for trucking brokerage firms.
- TRUCK ALASKA! Campbell, Melissa // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p51
Part I. Focuses on the trucking industry of Alaska. Number of commercial trucks registered in Alaska in 2000; Transportation services offered to small and medium sized businesses; Large freight companies' development of their own in-house logistics departments; Seattle, Washington-based...
- Derailment Ahead. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;7/07/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 27, p5
Editorial. Comments on the agreement between the trucking and railroad sectors to suspend their dispute and jointly advance legislation that would benefit the entire ground freight transportation network in the U.S. Prospects for the truce signed by the two industries; Pro-freight agenda...
- PLAIN SAILING. // Truck & Driver;May2002, p22
Features several truck freight in Great Britain. Physical description of the trucks; Achievement of Murray Grant, former T&D Editor Choice.