Eagle Lift applies e-coats at a different site
- All roads (nearly) led to the Transfer. Kratville, William W. // Classic Trains;Fall2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p31
The article presents information on the Union Pacific Transfer mail facility in Council Bluffs, Iowa. During the era of railway mail, one of the busiest mail facilities in the U.S. was the Union Pacific Transfer. The facilities at the Transfer served to funnel the passenger and mail traffic from...
- BENNY BINION WOULD BE PROUD. JONES, LEE H. // Bluff Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p87
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience playing poker at the Horseshoe Hotel and Casino in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- PORTFOLIO. Morrish, William R.; Brown, Catherine R. // Places: Forum of Design for the Public Realm;Winter96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
The article presents several sketches of U.S. cities taken from casebooks prepared for sessions of the midwest regional Mayors' Institute held at the University of Minnesota from 1990 to 1992. Along with the sketches, a brief description of the challenges facing the cities are also discussed....
- HUB OF THE PRAIRIES. Faulk, Chris; Hemphill, Mark W. // Trains;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, Special Section p2
Provides information on the history and traffic of several railroads in Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluff, Iowa. Union Pacific Omaha Subdivision; Union Pacific Blair Subdivision; Canadian National Omaha Sub; BNSF Creston Subdivision.
- Corridor ranked second by POLICOM among all nine Iowa metros. // Corridor Business Journal;7/8/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p7
Then article informs that Iowa's Creative Corridor is ranked second in the state by Iowa-based economy booster POLICOM Corp. among all nine Iowa metros including Ames, Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs.
- Iowa town selects Neb. landfill. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;06/29/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p18
States that officials in Council Bluffs, Iowa have re-signed with a landfill in Douglas County, Nebraska, for residential waste disposal. Details on the arrangement; Benefits of the arrangement to the county.
- Landfill in Iowa ready to reopen. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;05/26/97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Alter Trading Company is planning to resume its use of a landfill it owns in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Criticism of Alter's decision; Factors which contributed to Alter's decision to reopen the landfill; Comments by Robert Ellis, Alter's attorney; Why the landfill had initially been...
- Health and Drug Education--A Regional Approach. Clements, Mary // Educational Leadership;Jan1978, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p314
Reports on the use of a regional basis for prevention of drug abuse and improvement of health education in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Use of the Values Clarification Project and Berkeley Health Curriculum Project approaches; Background on the approaches.
- Hospitals to merge under one board. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;10/10/94, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the merging of Bergan Mercy Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska, Mercy Hospital in Bluffs, Iowa and Mercy Hospital in Corning, Iowa as Bergan Mercy Health Systems. Annual revenue of the three hospitals; Comment by Norita Cooney, president of Mercy Midlands; Goal of the merger;...