Thermo King, Wal-Mart team up for energy-efficient technologies
- McBurney takes 50th Gray & Adams reefer. // Motor Transport;10/29/2009, p9
The article reports that McBurney Transport Ltd. has taken delivery of its 50th Gray & Adams Ltd. refrigerated trailer as it finalises its fleet renewals for 2009. The new trailers coincide with the delivery of 50 new Volvo FH-460 trailers and form part of the firm's 780-strong fleet of...
- Wal-Mart fleet makes solo decision to reduce cost of maintenance. // Fleet Equipment;Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p73
Focuses on the Spicer Solo heavy-duty adjustment-free clutch which is being used by Wal-Mart's truck fleet. Wal-Mart's decision to boost the horsepower of its fleet's Series 60 Detroit Diesel engines from 330 to 370; Benefits of using Spicer Solo clutches.
- WALMART NEWS. // MMR;3/31/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p2
This section offers news briefs on retailer Walmart as of March 31, 2014, including its offer for shoppers to trade in used video games in exchange for buying other items in the store and Sam's Club, launched of its outdoor living, lawn and garden sale event and the Walmart Advanced Vehicle...
- Honey Transport Keeps Trucking Along. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p43
Reports that Honey Transport ordered SB-400 refrigerated trucks units from Thermo King in the United States. Cooling capacity of the units; Fuel economy; Onboard data acquisition system of the units.
- BABY, IT'S COLD INSIDE. Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p69
Focuses on refrigerated trailers. Challenges in designing refrigerated trailers; Technologies being used by refrigeration unit manufacturers to reduce fleet costs and improve uptime, including Carrier Transicold; Features of the Smart Reefer controller from Thermo King.
- More developments. // Refrigerated Transporter;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p36
The article offers news briefs related to the refrigerated transport industry in the U.S. Two ComfortGuard APU systems from Cummins Inc. will be certified to meet the 2008 California Air Resources Board idle reduction regulation. Thermo King Corp. is offering remote status light displays for...
- [what's new in:] Refrigeration. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;3/16/2015, p13
The article focuses on several technological developments in refrigerated trucks and trailers offered by various companies in compliance with environmental protection standards. It mentions the use of telematics on the refrigeration units of Thermo King, the trailer models of Carrier Transicold,...
- Thermo King Launches New SB-400. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p39
Reports on Thermo King Corp.'s launch of novel refrigeration units in its SB truckload series for deep frozen cargo. Cooling capacity at low temperatures; Fast temperature pull down; Fuel efficiency; Temperature control.
- Wal-Mart Buys Tracking System. // Traffic World;4/3/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p26
The article reports on Wal-Mart Stores' installation of GE Equipment Services' VeriWise trailer tracking system. VeriWise consists of a trailer-mounted transceiver, antenna and patented power management system. Wal-Mart will use a solar charging system to extend battery life and interior cargo...