Wheels of slow change of slow change
- Economic Downturn Slows Petrochemical Megaprojects. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/25/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 32, p35
Reports on the slow progress on the six multibillion dollar petrochemical joint ventures planned in China in 1999. Factor that affected the Chinese authorities' enthusiasm for big petrochemical projects; Projects that reported to have little progress; Expected completion of the Nanhai project...
- Rapid wrap-up of news. // Chemical Business;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p73
Presents projects/expansion schemes, joint ventures and market tie ups of several petroleum and chemical industry in India. Expansion of the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation's refinery in Punjab; Project of Aditya Vikram Birla Group; Joint venture of the four public sector oil majors for the...
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the joint venture of companies in Kuwait to invest in the country's petrochemical industry projects. Names of the firms involved in the venture.
- ASIA. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p12
The article offers news briefs on the petrochemical industry in Asia. Plans have been announced by Asahi Kasei Chemicals and Chisso to integrate their respective fertilizer research and development and production operations into an existing joint-venture firm. Pakistan and China are planning to...
- Prequalifiers sought for Rabigh captive power. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/15/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p23
Reports on the prequalifications for a captive independent water, steam and power project included on the proposed integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia. Joint sponsors of the project; Information on the captive power project; Financial adviser for the project.
- AFRICA: Infrastructure programme. // International Construction;Mar2012, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA), a joint venture between the African Union, the African Development Bank (AfDB), and the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordination Agency to build various infrastructure in Africa.
- Changing gears. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p21
The article calls for the European petrochemical market to adapt to the challenges to the industry following its failure to maintain its pole position in petrochemicals. The issues that must be addressed by the European market include the existence of a number of smaller and less efficient...
- Honam eyes move into China with jvs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p7
Reports on the plan of Honam Petrochemical to enter the Chinese market through joint ventures with local companies in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the company; Materials exported by Honam to China; Goal of the company.
- Kuwait chemical firm launches production. // Plastics News;12/15/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p10
Announces that a joint venture between Union Carbide Corporation and Kuwait's Petrochemical Industries Company called Equate Petrochemical Company has launched commerical production of polyethylene, ethylene and ethylene glycol at its petrochemical plant in Shuaiba, Kuwait. Production...