- Eye on the COO POSITION. // Association Management;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p66
Suggests tips on hiring a chief operating officer (COO). Assessment of the organization; Ability to build trust with the chief executive officer; Valuable tips on becoming a contributing member of the organization.
- US COOs More Optimistic About 2004. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p30
Relates the results of a survey on the views and attitudes of chief operating officers on the economy in 2004. Percentage of COOs who express optimism that the overall economy will improve; Survey suggesting that most COOs are confident about the future.
- Who's minding the store? Jacobs, Tom // Nature Biotechnology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Presents author's views on the importance of various corporate executives in the functioning of an organization. Two most important functions in a publicly held corporation; Importance of the knowledge about a company's top executives for an investor; Biotechnology company with the same person...
- Position for the top. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the role of chief operating officer (COO) in corporations and whether the position may lead to becoming chief executive officer (CEO).
- Costa Vida taps Bracken as new president. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/17/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the selection of Jeff Bracken as president and chief operating officer at Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill in Salt Lake City, Utah. His role and responsibility in the company is mentioned. The profession background of Bracken in restaurant management is cited.
- Building a Bigger C-Suite. Rowe, Molly // HealthLeaders Magazine;May2008, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p49
The article focuses on the addition of the position of chief operating officer (COO) by Middlesex Hospital in Middletown, Connecticut. The aim of the restructuring was to free Robert Kiely, president and chief executive officer (CEO) for mentoring and coaching. The challenges of creating new job...
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p0024
The article announces that Jacqueline Wiggins was appointed chief operating officer (COO) at Michigan's professional women's alliance Inforum.
- Former Kingfisher boss gets Â£1 m Co-op payoff. // DIY Week;8/8/2014, Issue 5760, p5
The article informs that Euan Sutherland, former chief operating officer at home enhancement firm B&Q and Screwfix, supplier of trade tools, will receive a 1 million British pounds payoff after his resignation from the firm in March 2014.
- Rick Cowan Steps Down From Fort Erie Role. // Canadian Thoroughbred;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p4
The article announces that Rick Cowan has stepped down as chief operating officer of the Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium.