US may up sanctions for Iranian petchems
- ABB vows sale will go ahead. // European Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2076, p6
Reports on the assurance of ABB regarding schedule of the sale of its upstream oil, gas and petrochemical unit not withstanding a U.S. government investigation. Identification of irregularities by the Securities and Exchange Commission; Instances of non-compliance of improper payments.
- Morgan Stanley: Latest Under SEC Probe. // Investment Management Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
Reports that investment management firm Morgan Stanley is being investigated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for market timing and trading improprieties. Managers dismissed by Morgan Stanley for activity related to market timing in March 2004.
- 7th circuit briefs. Flahardy, Cathleen // Corporate Legal Times;Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 165, p52
Presents trends and developments affecting the U.S. 7th Circuit Court. Lawsuit filed by former supervisor Frank Piazza against his company, Peoples Energy Corp., on the charges of illegal dismissal in retaliation for refusing to engage in alleged illegal practices; Decision of the Securities and...
- SEC Launches Home Care Therapy Investigation. // Eli's Home Care Week;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p194
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission has conducted home care therapy investigations in the U.S.
- SEC Launches Probe of Miami-Dade Health Care Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to open an investigation on the 83.3 million dollars bond deal sold by Miami-Dade County, Florida in 2009 on behalf of the county's Public Health Trust (PHT).
- SEC to Start Muni Hearings Sept. 21: San Francisco Meeting to Be First of Five. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33379, p1
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will start its hearing on municipal market in San Francisco, California on September 21, 2010. The hearing will examine Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), Build America Bonds (BAB), investor protection and...
- Hill Republicans strive to rein in SEC's regulatory powers. // Hill;5/6/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p17
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives would tackle the Securities and Exchange Commission Accountability Act, which would require the agency to undertake cost-benefit analyses to ensure that the results of any rules would outweigh the expenses in implementing them.
- SEC Probing Muni Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission involving municipal securities in the U.S. Bond deals focused in the investigations; Civil and criminal charges filed against lawyers participating in the bond issuance; Disclosure of faulty documents by municipal...
- Municipal Mutual Fund Pricing Appears to Be in SEC Crosshairs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the investigation of the municipal bond pricing among the mutual fund issues by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Result of the dramatic repricing of the net asset values of mutual funds; Violations of the securities laws; Assessment of the pricing methodology.