ICI rejects Akzo Nobel's improved offer
- Private Firms and Commodities. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;4/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the dilemma faced by ICI company after the sale of the chemical Tioxide to E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. Concerns of analysts on sale plans; Advantage of a private firm in the commodity chemical business; Why companies that continue to remain in public and focus on commodity products...
- ICI-DuPont TiO2 delay confirmed. // Chemical Week;7/1/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 25, p12
Declares the extension on the deadline for the completion of DuPont's purchase of the ICI company's titanium dioxide (TiO2) business in 1998. Reason for the delayed completion of the acquisition agreement.
- EC approves DuPont deal for ICI assets. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/97, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p8
Discloses that the European Commission has approved DuPont's acquisition of ICI's polyester and titanium dioxide businesses, which gives DuPont more than 30 percent of sales in each sector in Western Europe. Need for the deal to be cleared by the US Federal Trade Commission; Areas in which...
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;8/11/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 30, p19
Presents update on the chemical industry as of August 1999. Proposed merger of Crompton & Knowles and Witco; Withdrawal of a patent infringement lawsuit by DuPont; Acquisition of PRC-DeSoto by PPG Industries.
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;10/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 35, p24
This section offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. DuPont says that it is on track to launch its previously announced thermoplastic resin and elastomer products made with bio-based 1,3-propanediol in 2008. Wellman has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Eastman Chemical...
- DuPont loses drop-in patent case. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p9
The article reports that the Barcelona patent court in Spain rejected the claim of patent infringement of U.S. manufacturer DuPont for R22 drop-in replacements RS-44 (R424A) and RS-45 (R434A) against Spanish companies Gases Research Innovation & Technology and Gas Servei in 2013.
- ICI sells polyester unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p5
Announces the completion of the sale of ICI Corp.'s polyester film business to E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
- ICI buy fuels Dupont poly push. Chirls, Stuart // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on DuPont's plan to acquire ICI's industrial chemicals division as part of its effort to consolidate its polyester fiber business in the Americas. Terms under the acquisition deal; Outlining of DuPont's expansion plans by Ned Johnson, vice president and general manager of the company's...
- DuPont recommends raising HCFC-123 AEL to 50ppm. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p42
States that the Acceptable Exposure Limit (AEL) of hydrocholorfluorocarbon (HCFC)-123 be raised to 50 parts per million (ppm) by the DuPont Acceptable Exposure Limit Committee. What was the former rate of the AEL of HCFC-123; Reference to the Workplace Environmental Exposure Limit (WEEL);...