Learning a green lesson
- Bush Administration Abandons Kyoto Climate Treaty. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;4/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the warning from environmental groups if the United States (U.S.) government abandon the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. Concern of U.S. President George W. Bush about the protocol; Companies that are pushing the finalization of the agreement; Resolution passed by the U.S. Senate in 1997.
- Down to earth. Brunton, Ron // IPA Review;1993, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p47
Reports on the environmental issues discussed by the Liberal Party in Australia. Argument of Christine Gallus, member of the Shadow Ministry of Environment; Conflicting philosophies with other institutions.
- Feeding the Hand That Bites Them. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;8/6/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p34
Examines the implication of corporate support given to environmental movement in the United States. Regulations imposed on environment protection; Research conducted by World Wildlife Fund and World Resources Institute; Views on corporate donations.
- Rebuilding a Mainstream Consensus for Environmentalism. Van Putten, Mark // BioScience;Jun2005, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p468
The article comments on the failure of national environmental groups and the inability of the U.S. to meet environmental challenges facing them. While environmentalists may have the science right, and devote inordinate attention to crafting proposed policies, they have the politics wrong, and...
- Brazil trades conservation for cash. Chatterjee, Pratap // New Scientist;10/5/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1789, p14
Reports on the debt-for-nature swap with the Brazilian government and environmental groups. Legislation within the Brazilian government that allows this; How the plan works; The first expected trade that takes place with Nature Conservancy.
- Environmental Policy. // Azerbaijan Country Review;2013, p190
The article focuses on the environment policy of Azerbaijan, which is under the jurisdiction of Green Movement.
- Industry, Activists Spar Over Bush EPA Enforcement. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;10/20/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 34, p61
Highlights a report released by the Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) which reveals that the environmental enforcement actions of EPA have decreased since U.S. President George W. Bush took office. Content of the EIP report; Reaction of EPA to the report released by EIP; Focus issue of the...
- Down on the corner, out on the street…. // Greenpeace Update;Summer2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Greenpeace's Direct Dialogue street program is on its third year in the U.S. Goal of educating the public about the important issues facing the environment; Face-to-face contact.
- Dallas launches site for green issues. Truini, Joe // Waste News;1/21/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p11
The article reports on the environmental Web site titled, Green Dallas launched by the city of Dallas in Texas. The Web site, which can be accessed at www.greendallas.net, was designed to promote initiatives that are helpful in addressing environmental issues by offering visitors tips on how to...