The patent enforcers
- The evolution of China's follower brands. Thornley, Tessa // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Nov2010, p56
The article presents information on several Chinese brands that started by copying other brands to become successful in their own right. It is stated that the high speed of economic development, combined with a weak intellectual property (IP) regulatory framework, has created an environment...
- BRAND COUNTERFEITING: A MARKETING PROBLEM THAT WON'T GO AWAY. Lambkin, Mary; Tyndall, Yvonne // Irish Marketing Review;2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p35
Brand counterfeiting has been described as 'the crime of the 21st century' and it affects almost every brand-owning company at some point in time. The subject of intellectual property, into which this fits, has attracted a great deal of attention in the legal world but very little in the...
- Designer Baumann's Undercover War on Knockoffs. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/14/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 53, p18
Presents an interview with accessories and handbag designer Katherine Baumann about her efforts to protect her products from counterfeiting. Actions taken by the designer against retailers who violate intellectual property rights; Sales impact of imitation on Kauffman's handbags and...
- Brand Counterfeiting: Mass Fetishism? Morel, Geneviève // Cardozo Law Review;Aug2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p2429
The article presents information on the issue of brand counterfeiting with respect to the concept of mass fetishism in the U.S. The counterfeiting of brands rises with the boom in the markets for brands and is related to the concept of capitalism in the country. The brand name products are...
- Brand showdown. Bolger, Muireann // Marketer (1743-5528);Mar/Apr2014, Issue 93, p36
The article focuses on the growing field of digital commerce and overseas production that influence brands to take serious actions to deflect counterfeiters and intellectual property thieves. Topics include the causes of counterfeit products, the strategies used by cyber thieves to victimize...
- NYC Counterfeit Raid Yields Big Haul. Lynch, Matthew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/9/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 119, p2
The article reports on the investigation of the seized counterfeit goods at Manhattan's Chinatown in New York City. Investigators have discovered perfumes, handbags and accessories with marks of Gucci, Chanel, Juicy Couture and Cartier. The confiscated merchandise were turned over to the New...
- Lawyers will have a field day. Hawkins, Kevin // Grocer;7/14/2012, p21
The author comments on the lawsuit filed by large brand name products in Great Britain against the so-called copycat brand owners and the challenge it may pose to lawyers.
- Exporters should act to protect brand names. Taylor, Michael // NZ Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the need for New Zealand exporters to protect their brands using the protections offered by destination countries. International emphasis on protection for intellectual property rights; Main reason for the government's involvement at both bilateral and multilateral levels.
- Adhesives Sourcebook Explains Bonding Technology. // Assembly;Jul2012, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p16
The article offers brief information on the volume 12 of the "Loctite Adhesive Sourcebook" print and online catalog of Loctite adhesives, sealants, coatings, lubricants, and dispensing equipment from Henkel Corp.