- Freight: Your place or mine? Klancer, Pat // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2004, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p80
Discusses the importance of freight cost analysis to the healthcare industry. Reasons of materials management professionals for ignoring freight cost; Definition of free on board; Terms used in international freight designations.
- Australia investigates anti-dumping claims. // Plastics News;9/17/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p0012
The article focuses on the three inquiries issued by the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service on anti-dumping measures on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) homopolymer resin from Japan, South Korea and the U.S. It says that the first inquiry will investigate the normal values of prices of...
- Carriers Miss the Mark. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/26/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that the average freight charges for shipping a 40-foot container from Asia to the West Coast of the U.S. in the 2014-15 service contracting season will be much less that the 2,000 dollars rate carriers consider breakeven for the services. Most of the big retailers and other...
- Taiwan's Formosa Plastics hikes August PVC offers by $10-20/tonne. Pathare, Veena; Chong, Kite // ICIS Chemical Business;7/28/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that Formosa Plastics Corp. (FPC) has revealed that its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) supplies available for export in August 2014 will be lower by 15,000 than the regular monthly volume of 65,000-70,000 tons because of a turnaround at the firm's PVC production plant scheduled for...
- World Container Index Goes Live. // World Trade: WT100;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p16
The article reports that the World Container Index (WCI), which is the first Europe-based evaluation of container freight rates, goes live that caters a new scheme of price discovery and risk management solutions in the container freight market.
- Freight costs continue to rise; increasing accessorial charges affecting freight rates. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;May2012, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p43
The article reports on the results released by the Canadian General Freight Index (CGFI) on the cost of ground transportation for Canadian shippers reaching 0.8% in January 2012 which is 9.5% above the February 2011 result in Canada.
- Freight Index On And Up. // Bar-Code Border;5/1/2012, Vol. 10 Issue 231, p8
The article informs about the increment in the Canadian General Freight Index in the month of February 2012.
- P&O Means Pricing Opportunity. Page, Paul // Traffic World;11/29/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p33
Reports that container giant P and O Nedlloyd's record ocean rates in 2004 are setting the industry up for even more price increases in 2005. Average freight rates rise in the third quarter; Increase in overall revenue; Impact of Western companies' growing use of outsourced manufacturing in Asia...
- Tui's prospects look up -- Morgan Stanley. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/2/2007, Issue 2756, p14
The article reports that Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. has changed its negative assessment of Tui AG's prospects after seven years. The reason given by the bank for the change included settling down of rates in the container shipping market and a better outlook for tourism. The bank further said...