- Carriers announce general rate increases. // Transportation & Distribution;Jan97, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the general freight rate increases announced by several carriers in Cleveland, Ohio. Yellow Freight System; ABF Freight System, Inc.; CF Motor Freight; Overnite Transportation; Roadway Express.
- TSA to raise rates $225 per FEU May 1. // Traffic World;3/6/95, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the plan by ocean carriers in the trade between Japan and the United States to increase rates on both spot and contract cargo by 225 dollars per 40-foot container as of May 1, 1995. Large volume of components and manufactured goods moving in the lucrative trade; Reduction of the...
- Survival mode. James, Bob // Traffic World;09/22/97, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p28
Discusses how carriers are dealing with a possible bankruptcy resulting from a drop in freight rates to and from Asia. Decline in profits for Orient Overseas Container Line; Average decline in container rates between Asia, United States and Europe; Factors behind rate plunge.
- PUTTING AN 'ESTOPPLE' TO DOUBLE PAYMENTS. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/28/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p60
The article provides an answer to a question about double payments of freight charges.
- Trans-Pacific Spot Rates Hit 18-Month Low. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/18/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
This article reports on the decline in spot container freight rates from Asia to the U.S. from January to June 2011, according to Drewry Shipping Consultants.
- Ocean Rate Hikes Hinge on Capacity Restraint. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/16/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
The article discusses the spot freight rates in the Asia-Europe trade lane as of the first week April 2012.
- Reader Poll. // Residential Systems;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p8
The article presents the results of a poll conducted by the journal related to the charges for trucking.
- 3 more LTL carriers hike rates; AF links up with Canadian carrier. // Traffic World;12/18/95 & 12/25/95, Vol. 244 Issue 12/13, p41
Reports on the increase in freight rates at three less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers in the United States. Overnite Transportation Co.; Old Dominion Freight Line; American Freightways.
- Extra capacity drags down the rates. Hastings, Phillip // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the trends in global container freight rates in 1997. Decline in average rates for movements between northern Europe and the Gulf; Pressures on shipping lines operating in the Far East/Gulf trade; Prediction that container rates may stabilize at year's end.