- Islamic ABS takes off in Malaysia. Murra, Francesca // Asset Securitization Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the closing of the first Islamic asset-backed securities deal from Malaysian agricultural conglomerate Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad (KGB) on December 24, 2001. Arrangement of the deal by Bank Islam; Allen & Overy as legal adviser to KGB.
- Malaysia palm oil union. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p13
The article reports on the plan of Malaysia to merge palm oil plantations Golden Hope, Sime Darby and Kumpulan Guthrie to create one of the world's largest companies, accounting for 6 percent of global production. The merger had been on the cards for more than a year, but low palm oil prices had...
- SOVEREIGN SUKUK: ADAPTATION AND INNOVATION. Wedderburn-Day, A. Roger // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p325
The article discusses the adaptation and innovation of an international Islamic bonds, also known as sukuk. It mentions the development of an international Islamic bond market and the position of sovereign borrowers at the forefront of that development of the market. Meanwhile, it cites the...
- WILL PALM OIL BE ASIA'S BIOFUEL? G. P. // Global Finance;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the merger of Sime Darby, the Malaysian conglomerate founded in 1910 with plantation operators, Kumpulan Guthrie and Golden Hope Plantations to form the world's largest listed palm oil producer in Malaysia. The government urges to create a bigger and more competitive...
- PALM OIL GIANT'S CARBON CHALLENGE. // ASEANAffairs;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the impact of carbon emissions and climate change issues on the palm oil industry in Malaysia.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/27/98, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p9
Reports that Indonesia has raised the export taxes for crude palm oil and its derivatives to 60 percent in response to unstable cooking oil prices and a domestic shortage in cooking oil.
- No more sweat and tears. // New York Amsterdam News;09/25/97, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the installation of a palm oil processing machine in Kofi Gyan village in Ghana, which brought relief to the women who process oil palm nuts. Method which was traditionally used by the women; How the machine has helped the women to raise income and to improve their health.
- CHAPTER 2: Indonesia: 2.5 Conclusion. Potter, Lesley // CIFOR Occasional Paper;2015, Issue 122, p26
The article reports on the continued expansion of Indonesia's oil palm industry as of January 2015, issues facing the sector including questions on deforestation and peat and continuing poor behavior of some plantation companies, and efforts to change the mind-set of large plantation firms.
- Managing oil palm landscapes. Potter, Lesley // CIFOR Occasional Paper;2015, Issue 122, pIII
The article presents a seven-country survey as of January 2015 that deals with the palm oil industry in South Asia, Latin America and West Africa.