Fresh Starts for Corinthian Colleges and Education Management in Fiscal 2007
- For-profit college shutdowns cap market-value plunge. Lorin, Janet; Lauerman, John // Fort Worth Business Press;5/11/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p17
The article offers information on the closure of various career colleges and campuses in the U.S. such as the Art Institute of Fort Worth in Texas caused by bankruptcy filed by for-profit college companies including Career Education, the Corinthian Colleges, and Education Management. According...
- ED Pursues Watered-Down Rule To Rein in For-Profits. ARBEL, TALI // Community College Week;6/27/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Education's move to crackdown on the country's for-profit schools to protect students from taking on too much student debt, has been relaxed. The new version gives schools more time to correct deficiencies that will prevent them from losing access...
- CORINTHIAN COLLEGES INC. Volpe, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;4/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p21
The article offers a company profile for Corinthian Colleges Inc., located in Santa Ana, California.
- Career-College Industry Seeks Growth Path amid Legal Probes, Debt Refinancing. // Educational Marketer;9/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on topics related to financial management of universities and colleges in the U.S. as of September 19, 2014. Education Management Corp. (EDMC) finalized a restructuring support agreement with creditors holding a minimum of 94% of its debt. Corinthian College Inc. was sued by...
- HEAD OF THE CLASS. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Features Santa Ana, California-based for-profit college operator Corinthian Colleges Inc. Company background; Financial performance; Stock market performance; Focus on company co-founder and chief executive officer David Moore.
- Corinthian Lands Credit For Planned Acquisition. // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the pledges received by Corinthian Colleges Inc. from Bank of America Corp. and other lenders for a three-year credit line. Amount of the credit line; Background of Corinthian Colleges Inc.
- Big Challenge on For-Profit Campus. Hamanaka, Kari // Orange County Business Journal;4/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p19
The article presents company profile of vocational school operator Corinthian Colleges Inc. which has 1.9 billion dollars as its 2010 revenue with 121 million dollars profit, while its market value is worth 384 million dollars as of April 1, 2011 and it has 15,900 employees in Santa Ana, California.
- Corinthian Shares Retrace Steps to Pre-Plunge Level. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the company shares of Corinthian Colleges Inc. in the U.S. Market value of the Corinthian shares; Impact of the bad debt issue on the fall of the Corinthian shares; Contribution of student management of Corinthian on the credit.
- Corinthian Posts Q4 Profit in Big Reversal. Jane Yu // Orange County Business Journal;2/6/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on Corinthian Colleges Inc.'s profit for the fourth quarter of 2011 which is 1.8 million dollars representing a gradual stabilization on enrollment levels.