THE BUSINESS OF CROCHET PART 3
- Mirja Puppel. Hemmings, Jessica // Surface Design Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses the works of German textile designer Mirja Puppel. She collects flowers and preserves it by pressing petals and stamens between layers of silicon and silk to make ethereal fabric wall hangings and garments. This will serve as the artist's own visual flower press. Puppel's...
- FOILED AGAIN! // Easy Embellishments for Creative Sewing;2007, p40
The article offers step-by-step instructions for foiling on fabrics which includes instructions for a party scarf, jackets, and a handbag. INSET: Fearless Foiling.
- In the Round. Malarcher, Patricia // Surface Design Journal;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article introduces the current issue which includes articles on three-dimensionality in fiber art by Hildreth York, Leslie Rogalski, and Lois Martin.
- Looking Outward. Malarcher, Patricia // Surface Design Journal;Summer98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
The article introduces the current issue which includes articles by Mary Kellogg Rice, Barbara Arlen, and others on the theme of designing the world.
- Laura Huhn. Huhn, Laura // Ornament;Winter99, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p58
Describes the author's textile artwork. Influence of Asian aesthetics; Design philosophy; Notable works; Techniques used in surface design.
- JOURNEY TO THE SOURCE: Western Batik Artists in Indonesia. Kaun, Linda // Surface Design Journal;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses Western batik artists in Yogyakarta in south central Java, Indonesia, often considered the motherland of the art and tradition of batik. Included in the discussion are the Western batik artists Philip Boas, a Dutch man born in Jakarta, and Nia Flam and Linda Kaum, both of...
- Deck the Halls With Comfort. SHREVE, KRISTINE // Wearables;Nov/Dec2016, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p37
The article presents step-by-step instructions for making a decorative holiday pillow.
- Crochet Solutions 101. VELASQUEZ, REBECCA // Crochet!;Autumn2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to crocheting including what hook and yarn size beginners should use for a lace-weight sweater, concerns about the durability of a garment in fine-weight yarn, and the average stitch time for a typical shawl.
- THE CRUCIBLE: Textiles in the Sixties. Janeiro, Jan // Surface Design Journal;Fall96, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the various forms of textile designs during the 1960s. It informs that this was the time when formative innovators in the textile field were educated into the precepts of Modernism by their teachers. It states that at that time, the early textile artists were attempting to...