THE RIGHT STUFF
- The Boutique Yarn Line. PADEN, SHIRLEY // Interweave Knits;Summer2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
The article features The Boutique Yarn Line, consisting of five high-quality, eco-friendly yarns created exclusively by Heather Sweitzer, co-owner of Sweitzer Mill Farm, for yarn store The Knitting Boutique, owned by Dianna Rosborough. Aside from developing five foundation yarns named after...
- Development of Plain Fabrics Spun by Blended Yarn of Color Cotton/Lyocell/Ramie/Spun Silk Fiber. // China Textile Leader;Aug2012, Issue 8, p109
This paper searched the optimal cotton distribution technology for high-grade blended yarn of 9.8 tex by reasonable combination of cotton, ramie, lyocell and silk fiber. The fabric woven with this blended yarn could be used as high-quality shirt fabrics after the enzyme and non-iron finishing...
- Research on the Properties of Flax/Spun-silk Blended Yarn and its Fabrics. // China Textile Leader;jun2013, Issue 6, p114
This paper described test results of properties of the 27.8 tex flax/spun-silk (70/30) blended yarn compared with the same linear density of pure flax yarn, and drew the conclusion that all the properties of the flax blended yarn were better than pure flax yarn.
- The Warp-Weighted Loom. HOWARD-WROTH, ERCIL // Spin-Off;Summer2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p63
The article focuses on the ancient Norse tradition of spindling and weaving in a warp-weighted loom. It says that the warp-weighted loom consists of two upright beams that connect on a horizontal top beam, wherein it is said to have spanned cultures, continents, and ages. It mentions the process...
- Standard Yarn Weight System. // Year of Afghans;2011, p122
The article presents a chart listing the yarn type, knit guage range, and needle size for different yarn categories which include fine, light, and bulky yarn.
- A RESEARCH ON SPINNABILITY OF 100% POLYESTER AND POLYESTER - COTTON BLEND SIROSPUN YARNS. TEMEL, Emrah; ÇELİK, Pınar // Journal of Textile & Apparel / Tekstil ve Konfeksiyon;2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p23
From past to present various researches on Sirospun yarn production are existed and various parameters which affected yarn properties were analyzed. On this study, yarn properties of Sirospun blended yarns were investigated. The purpose of this work is to examine the influence of raw material,...
- EDITOR'S PAGE. Moore, Amy Clarke // Spin-Off;Winter2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses her love for spinning yarns and various reports within the issue including spinning to the crimp, fiber diameter, and the difference between hair and fiber.
- The market: A review. // Colourage;Oct99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p77
This article reviews the trends in the textile business in India. Production and despatches of spun yarn have increased at a rate of about seven per cent during the first four months of 1999-2000. In the fiscal year 1998-99, spun yarn production and despatches have declined by about seven per...
- The Markets: A review. // Colourage;Aug97, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p53
A review of trends in the textile market in India is discussed. Production of spun yard has increased at a rate of 19 per cent during each of the months of April and May 1997. Production started to pick up in February after a prolonged period of near stagnation. Despatches have been growing at a...