- Public Exercise Clubs. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/1/2012 Book of Lists Supplement, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p85
A table is presented which lists several public exercise clubs in Washington including SNAP Fitness, Gold's Gym Spokane, and Idaho Iron Gym.
- take a journey. // American Fitness;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
The article previews the journey gym.
- How to find the right gym. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/13/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 24, p77
The article presents suggestions on finding a right gym.
- Blow off some STEAM. Oczypok, Kate // Hill;2/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p32
The article offers information on the fitness facilities in Capitol Hill, Washington D.C. including the Results Gym, Capitol Hill Yoga, and Bikram Yoga Capitol Hill.
- Fitness to Go. Stanten, Michele; Yeager, Selene // Prevention;Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p70
Provides contact information for the International Health, Racquet, and Sports Club Association (IHRSA) Passport Program, which includes several thousand clubs, enabling people to use them across the U.S.
- Is your health club good for you? Brown, Ann; Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p201
Outlines some points that consumers who intend to join a local gym should consider about the health club. Asking how many staffers are certified in CPR or life-saving techniques and how many are on duty; Making sure the club requests a medical history; Screening personal trainers; Checking out...
- EXERCISE YOUR OPTIONS. ROMERO, MELISSA // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p124
The article focuses on several new gyms service providers in the U.S. including Doonya, Zengo Cycle and Spark Yoga which provide spinning, cross-training and yoga in 2014.
- How celebrities sweat. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1998, Vol. 224 Issue 3, p112
Talks about some star-studded workout gyms in the United States. Celebrities hanging out at Equinox, Broadway, New York; Features of the Workout Warehouse/Speed Center at West Hollywood; Stars usually workout at Spa of Eden in Miami Beach, Florida. INSET: Yoga best gets.
- INVASION OF THE MICROGYM. SWEENEY, BRIGID // Crain's Chicago Business;2/13/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p0003
The article reports that more and more boutique fitness centers are being opened by personal trainers in the big cities like Chicago, Illinois with neighborhoods densely populated by young professionals making very good salaries. These centers range from CrossFit affiliates to yoga studios,...