- Great leap into China. Grossmann, John // Inc.;1999 Inc. 500, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p29
Presents information on UTStarcom, a producer of telecommunications-access systems. Owner of UTStarcom; Reason behind its business expansion in China; Number of the company's employees.
- Extended FTTx product suite. // Telecom Asia;Aug2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p30
The article evaluates the extension of the fiber-to-the-x product suite of UTStarcom.
- Indian Cellular Industry: Is there First Mover Advantage? Joseph, Thomas; Prakash, R. Sai // South Asian Journal of Management;Jul-Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p31
Ten years since inception, cellular telephone industry in India is still growing at a phenomenal pace. In an industry, that seemed to possess all the right ingredients for first mover advantage--huge upfront investments, heavy advertising and marketing outlays--many pioneers seem to have exited....
- Curve your enthusiasm. Gardner, Peter // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2005, p40
Recommends the use of the Gartner Hype Cycle to find ways to reduce business failures in the telecommunication industry. Examples of business successes that conform to the hype model; Technologies that do not conform with the hype curve; Phases of investment and selling for businesses based on...
- Don't make these 10 mistakes. Rice // Business News New Jersey;10/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, Financing your business.. p18
Highlights the 10 most often encountered stumbling blocks to prevent a business venture from succeeding. Includes refusal to heed the advice of professionals and failure to pay withholding taxes; Examples of businesses that got into trouble.
- The brand roller coaster: Rapid climbs can lead to faster falls. Taylor, David // Central Penn Business Journal;7/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p11
In this article, the author discusses the sudden growth and success of a company and its brand which can lead to its sudden failure.
- 3 myths about win/loss reviews. Cramer, Jeff // Sell!ng;Jan1999, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p10
Discusses myths about win/loss reviews that need to be dispelled and the benefits of win/loss reviews. Questions answered by win/loss reviews; Myths about the futility of keeping written records of failed opportunities and trying to change a customer's perspective; Myth about the effect of...
- AVOID THE KILLER CURVE. Graham, John R. // Credit Union Management;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on maintaining momentum in business. Details on the case of a company that experienced growth followed by slower growth; Tips to sustain a business.
- Those Failures Can Be Your Steppingstones on a Path to Success. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p39
The article discusses how business failures can be a huge part to achieve success in business.