- The Government Reactor Program. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1952, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p283
This article presents an interview Dr. Lawrence Hafstad, director the Division of Reactor Development of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission. He observes that the government's development of nuclear power and reactor development program is moving slowly. Hafstad asserts that nuclear energy will...
- Comments on Mr. Pitzer's Speech. Fisk, J. B.; Daniels, Farrington; Cockcoft, J. D. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1952, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p288
The article presents the comments of scientists to the portions of the speech of Dr. Kenneth Pitzer delivered before the American Chemical Society on March 7, 1952 on the slow progress in the development of power reactors in the U.S. is presented. Physical Chemistry professor Farrington Daniels...
- Performance-based pricing for nuclear power plants. Che, Yeon-Koo; Rothwell, Geoffrey // Energy Journal;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p57
Examines the incentive regulations of United States public utility commissions to promote the operating efficiency of nuclear power plants. Efficient operation model; Target capacity factor approach; Performance-based pricing approach.
- Japan's breeder is for burning. Hadfield, Peter // New Scientist;4/23/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1922, p9
Reports on Japan's plans for its fast reactors. Use of nuclear power plant Monju to burn up plutonium; Long-term energy policy; Science and Technology nuclear fuel division director Yasutaka Moriguchi's note of caution over the project; Critics' views; Description of a fast breeder reactor;...
- Manila shelves nuclear plant conversion. // Modern Power Systems;Feb95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the Philippines' decision to shelve plans to convert the mothballed Bataan nuclear power plant into a combined power station.
- Sixth unit at Zaporozhye to enter service. // Modern Power Systems;Feb95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the Ukranian government's approval of plans to put the sixth generating unit of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant into service. Plan to commission the plant by 1997; Cost of the project.
- Nuclear power privatization slated for this year. // Modern Power Systems;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the intentions of the Argentine government to continue its plans to privatize its nuclear power industry.
- Nuclear power at Druridge Bay. Baggott, Rob // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p384
Focuses on the political opposition against the construction of a nuclear power plant at Druridge Bay in Great Britain, highlighting the governments policy on its construction. Relative failure of local protest campaigns to successfully reach their aims; Basis behind the opposition against...
- Megawatts could hold mega prospects. Thomas, Stafford // Finance Week;7/7/2003, p28
Reports on regulatory approval for South Africa's pebble bed modular nuclear reactor project. Revenue expected from the plant; Year when electricity can be generated; Difference from conventional plant; Financing for the project.