Mass Market Medicine
- Spreading the Wealth of Health. Balasubramanyam, K. R. // Business Today;12/27/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p154
The article focuses on the health insurance scheme in Karnataka, India. It states that the idea of the scheme occurred when a physician named Devi Shetty was requested by Karnataka Milk Federation to endorse its low-fat milk product and provide a health insurance to all its milk producer...
- Theme Overview: Implications of Health Care Reform for Farmers and Rural Residents. Ahearn, Mary // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2009 4th Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p78
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one by Mary Ahearn and Ashok Mishra on the access of farmers to health care and another by Reka Sundaram-Stukel and Steve Deller on the lessons for reform from the Farmers' Health Cooperative of Wisconsin.
- Lessons from a radical innovator. Kleyn, Nicola // Finweek;12/3/2015, p7
The article discusses the launch of low-cost healthcare chain Narayana Health by cardiac surgeon Devi Prasad Shetty to support Indians who could not afford heart surgery. It cites the efforts taken by Shetty to convince the government of India to introduce a health insurance and encourage...
- CAYMAN ISLANDS. // Caribbean Update;May2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the proposed 2 billion U.S. dollar Shetti health care facility to be built in collaboration with Indian heart surgeon Dr. Devi Shetti as of March 25, 2011 which will include a hospital, medical university and assisted living facilities that would target American patients...
- Heart Surgery in India for $1,583 Costs $106,385 in U.S. GOKHALE, KETAKI // News India Times;8/9/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 32, p14
The article offers information related to the efforts of Devi Shetty, a heart surgeon, to make heart surgery affordable in India.
- Devi Shetty: Medical miracle. // India Today;3/22/2010, p62
The article features Devi Shetty, a 57-year-old doctor from India.
- Examining the types and payments of the disabilities of the insurants in the national farmers' health insurance program in Taiwan. Jiun-Hao Wang; Hung-Hao Chang // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p646
Background: In contrast to the considerable body of literature concerning the disabilities of the general population, little information exists pertaining to the disabilities of the farm population. Focusing on the disability issue to the insurants in the Farmers' Health Insurance (FHI) program...
- Slow start for co-ops. Thompson, Roger; Kopecki, Dawn // Nation's Business;May94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p58
Reports on the performance of small business health insurance purchasing cooperatives in California. Business response to the cooperatives; 1993 statistics regarding California cooperative subscribers; Selection of health plan under cooperatives.
- New collaboration offers more access to health insurance tor local businesses. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);10/25/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p3
The article reports that the Texas Midwest Chamber Cooperative is offering health insurance access to companies in the Texas Midwest region in 2007.