- THAILAND EXHIB RAMPS UP FOR IPO. Rosenberg, Scott // Daily Variety;5/9/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 50, p4
Reports the announcement of Major Cineplex Group company as dominant exhibitor in Thailand.
- South Asian exhib circuit sees turmoil. Rosenberg, Scott // Variety;5/13/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 13, p10
Offers a look at the cinema market in Thailand. Scope of the Major Cineplex Group business; Total number of screens of SF Cinemas; Value of the cinema market in Thailand.
- Crunching the Numbers. // Film Journal International;Dec2014, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p76
The article provides information on the profits of motion picture theater manager Major Cineplex Group in 2012 and 2013.
- THAI POWERHOUSE. Schmid, Thomas // Film Journal International;Dec2013, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p50
The article examines the motion picture distribution and viewing industry in Thailand as of December 2013. Particular focus is given to efforts being made by the Major Cineplex Group Plc and its founder, Vicha Poolvaraluk. Details relating to Major Cineplex Group Plc chain's Paragon Cineplex,...
- MAJOR CINEPLEX, EGV MERGER RESULTS IN RECORD PROFITS. // Boxoffice;Jul2005, Vol. 141 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the financial performance of Thailand's Major Cineplex for the first quarter of 2005. Merger of the company with EGV Entertainment.
- RoundAbout. SCHMID, THOMAS // Film Journal International;Jun2015, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p76
The article presents news briefs related to the motion picture industry of the Asia-Pacific region. Movie theater chain Major Cineplex Group has opened a theater Quartier CineArt in EmQuartier shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand in the month of April 2015. China-based production company Heyi...
- Exhib considers low-cost cinemas. Amnatcharoen, Bam // Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the possibility that Major Cineplex Group may launch E-Cinema, a low-cost cinema, as part of its plan to widen its audience in Bangkok, Thailand. Ticket prices; Background on the company; Amount to be spent by the company in opening new cinemas.
- Producer protests Thai pix slight. Amnatcharoen, Bam // Variety;2/28/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the protest of Prasit Vichitjinda, producer of the Thai melodrama "Mont Rak Luk Thung," about what he called the undue influence exerted by the major theaters over local films. Event that caused Vichitjinda to burn the script of the film in protest of the theaters; Screens allocated...
- FIVE-STAR EXPERIENCES. Schmid, Thomas // Film Journal International;Dec2014, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p46
The article profiles Major Cineplex Group, a motion picture exhibitor and cinema chain in Thailand led by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Vicha Poolvaraluk. Topics covered include how Poolvaraluk developed the company's business model, his partnership with Canadian Jim Patterson, and the company's...