New Product Intros
- Certification benefits both sales agents and manufacturers. Hadley // Business Journal (Central New York);10/08/99, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the success of the Manufacturers Representatives Educational Research Foundation's professional certification program for sales representatives in the United States. Provision of graduate-level education; Companies' need for knowledge on representatives' basic level of expertise.
- Corning converts to self-op. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p60
Features the foodservice program at Corning Inc., a Corning, New York-based manufacturer of glass, ceramics, dishware and optical fiber. decision to self-operate the program; Expansion of cafeterias, carts and catering; Total number of daily transactions; Annual savings; Total annual sales...
- THE CRUSH. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;3/1/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p52
Complex food service operations call for a variety of ice types and delivery systems. Today, restaurateurs need small cubes that chill drinks quickly in a bar or in quick service settings. Plus large cubes that chill drinks slowly for banquets. And flaked ice or ice chips for chilled food...
- IFMA starts search for Gold & Silver Plate Award nominees. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p112
Announces that the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) has begun accepting nominations for the 2001 Silver Plate Awards. Awards that recognize excellence in nine categories of food service operations; Jury's examination of a number of areas of accomplishment; Presentation...
- IFMA winners shine at gold-plated gala. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p78
Presents the recipients of the International Food Service Manufacturers Association Gold Plate Award in Chicago, Illinois. Photographs taken at the awarding ceremony.
- IFMA gives Malchoff its President's Award, fetes four with `Sparkplug'. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/17/96, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p42
Reports on the Sparkplug Awards given by the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association to four of its members who have devoted time and expertise to IFMA-related projects. Names of the awardees; Scholarships awarded by the organization.
- Frozen assets. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;4/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p160
Focuses on the benefit for food service operators of evaluating their ice-making capabilities in preparation for the summer season. Qualities of a good ice maker; Uses of different types of ice; Temperature; Operating problems; Amount of water required; Refrigerants; Maintenance of ice makers.
- Good as gold. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun94, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p42
Presents the winners of the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's (IFMA) 1994 Gold and Silver Plate Awards. Includes Robert Dallain of the Hyatt Hotels Corp.; Marcel Desaulniers, executive chef of the Trellis Restaurant in Virginia; Dale Evert, director of food and nutritional...
- Ice makers take on more foodservice jobs. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p152
Focuses on various food service operators' use of ice machines for their operations in the United States. Ice machines' convenience and reliability; Areas that require ice to keep food items; Benefits for catering services; Becoming an ice supplier in the campus.