Hearty and economical
- Today's 'hot dishes'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p78
Focuses on the casserole menu of the food service sector in hospitals and other health facilities in the United States. Casserole preferences in the Midwest and Northwest region; Procedures involved in the beef-a-roni recipe; Advantages of casseroles over other menu according to Linda Duane,...
- CATCH-ALL CASSEROLES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p71
Deals with the popularity of casserole among food service operators in the United States. Advantages of casserole over other kind of meals; Examples of vegetarian casserole recipes; Casserole specialty used for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season by Elaine Keaton, a food service director in...
- ADD FLAVOR, SAVE TIME: PRE-TREATED FOODS. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p115
Focuses on the advantages of using pre-treated food products in a food service business. Labor savings from pre-treated foods; Popularity of breakfast casseroles among seniors; Variations in flavors available for french fries.
- Hot pots now on Dragonair First Class. // PAX International;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on steamed rice in hot pot casserole dish, which will be served in the flights of Dragonair from Hong Kong to Shanghai and Beijing until March 2011.
- Kotobuki. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p105
The article features the Kotobuki restaurant in Washington. Regular customers know to forgo the rolls and concentrate on sashimi and nigiri and to trust where Hisao Abe's small but unusual menu leads them. That means accessorizing an order with the ashizushi and one of the meal-in one...
- One-Dish Delish. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p64
The article presents several casserole cookery suggestions by professionals from food services. Omar Rayan, a senior food services director, says that they menu a traditional French cassoulet from the region of Toulouse in south of France. An executive chef Willie Sng says that in their...
- Dealing with the crisis. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p54
Discusses the measures adopted by the foodservice operator at the Beaufort Memorial Hospital in Beaufort, South Carolina to the increasing beef prices as of February 2004. Impact of stir-fry beef on the menu; Beef dish most preferred by customers; Ingredients of the Tater Tot Casserole menu.
- In hospitals: An outreach community service. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p122
Reports that according to many members of food and nutrition services departments in healthcare facilities throughout the United States who are involved in catering ventures, it is an enterprise well worth the effort. Importance of catering efforts to the facility's bottom-line; Reference to...
- Mt. Sinai Med. Center foodcourt draws 7,000/day. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on the introduction of a branded food-court at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida. Who operates the food-court; Comments from John DeSantis, director of nutrition and food services at Mount Sinai; How the medical center has benefitted from the food-court; Information on...