Specialty Coffees Take a Gourmet Turn
- Jiving with java. Marriott, Michel; Gegax, T. Trent // Newsweek;2/13/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p82
Discusses the growth of coffeehouses in the United States in the mid-1990s. The marketing of specialty coffees; The cross-generational appeal of the new coffeehouses; The coffeehouse as a social unit; Types of people who frequent the coffeehouse; Drive-up cappuccino vendors in Portland, Oregon;...
- Coffee talk. Kummer, Corby // New York;5/23/94, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p50
Reports on the increased popularity of coffee in New York City. Brewing processes; Review of various coffeehouses; Challenge of matching the quality of Seattle. INSET: Coffee, coffee everywhere, by Vivian Barad, Kate O'Hara..
- NOT YOUR AVERAGE JOE. Cohen, Jason // Texas Monthly;Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p125
The article reports that fresh, roasted coffee can be found in several Texas establishments including Oak Cliff Coffee Roasters in Dallas, Katz Coffee in Houston, and CuvÃ©e Coffee Roasting Company in Spicewood.
- Wired on Coffee. Raisfeld, Robin // New York;04/02/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p101
Provides information on the opening of ING Direct Cafe in New York City. Type of coffee brand served; Owner of the cafe.
- State of origin. FARRELL-GREEN, SIMON // Metro (NZ);Dec2011, Issue 359, p92
The article offers brief information on coffee offered at the Supreme cafe, located in Ponsonby, New Zealand.
- A big delight for the library. MCGREGOR, SUSIE // Eastern Door;3/30/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on coffee sales from the reopening day of CafÃ© Delight on March 18, 2012 that was donated to the library of Kahnawake in Quebec.
- DOING WELL BY DOING GOOD. DEMETRAKAKES, PAN // Specialty Coffee Retailer;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including coffeehouses, coffee plantations and the importance of Farm Direct among coffee farmers in the U.S.
- Coffee, Dakota Style. Higbee, Paul // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
Presents an article about the coffee tradition in South Dakota. Case of a man who finds it difficult to remember the name of a guy whom he had already met for an interview; Variability of coffee houses in the state; Trend existing in the coffee houses of South Dakota.
- Entertainers tackle competitive coffee business. Rothermel, Melissa // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p12
Offers a look at the Rejavanate Coffee Lounge in Las Vegas, Nevada. Average transactions per day handled by the coffee establishment; Reasons of the owners for establishing the business; Status of cafÃ© market in Las Vegas; Challenges faced by the owners in putting up the business.