Virginia Tech adds personal touch to special events
- University creates new post to deal with racism. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p10
Announces that the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University will create a post for a vice president for minority affairs to deal with the problem of campus racism. Factor contributing to creation of post; Other plans for university.
- Virginia Tech spearheads HBCU computer consortium. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p30
Features the ` Introduction to Black Studies,' class taught at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University using a computer element. Statements from lecturer Dr. Joyce Williams-Green; Information on a initiative at twelve historically black colleges on computer use..
- Virginia Tech Research Center Poised to Open in India. // India -- West;10/26/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 49, pB7
The article presents information on the planning of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia to open its research center in Chennai, India.
- Compost kickstarts. Long, Cheryl // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p20
Reports that bacterial `compost starter' inoculants do not aid in making compost faster according to researchers at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg. Results of tests on four compost piles.
- Affirmative action at Virginia Tech: The tail that wagged the dog. Bauer, Henry H. // Academic Questions;Winter92/93, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p72
Explains how the Virginia Polytechnic Institute reached the point where abuses of power by midlevel administrators and violations of elemental justice became possible in Blacksburg, Virginia. Background information; Impact of affirmative action; Group representation as a principle of...
- Dorm keeps name despite protest over klan connection. // Black Issues in Higher Education;03/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
States that a Blacksburg-based Virginia Tech dorm which was named after a deceased professor who might have had ties to the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) will not be renamed despite protest. Why the dorm will not be renamed; Information on the deceased professor; Evidence to suggest professor's...
- After the big game, here's to the losers. Looney, Douglas S. // Christian Science Monitor;1/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 32, p12
Focuses on the Virginia Tech Hokies football team after their lost of the national collegiate football championship game in New Orleans in January of 2000.
- Integrating video content into learning environments. // T H E Journal;Aug98, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p69
Presents information on Net.Work. Virginia, a next generation Internet (NIX) founded by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Implementation of videoconferencing capabilities into existing network; Comment from John Nichols of Virginia Tech; Details on `Blacksburg Electronic...
- Rutgers Knocks Off Virginia Tech. // Amateur Wrestling News;3/15/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p33
The article discusses highlights of the amateur wrestling game between the Rutgers team and Virginia Tech held on March 11, 2011 at the Louis Brown Athletic Center in Piscataway, New Jersey.