Choline Steps Up
- choline. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "choline," an amine, is presented.
- Erratum to: Impact of 11C-choline PET/CT on clinical decision making in recurrent prostate cancer: results from a retrospective two-centre trial. Ceci, Francesco; Herrmann, Ken; Castellucci, Paolo; Graziani, Tiziano; Bluemel, Christina; Schiavina, Riccardo; Vollmer, Christian; Droll, Sabine; Brunocilla, Eugenio; Mazzarotto, Renzo; Buck, Andreas; Fanti, Stefano // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Dec2014, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p2359
A correction to the article "Impact of 11C-choline PET/CT on clinical decision making in recurrent prostate cancer: results from a retrospective two-centre trial" that was published in the 2014 issue is presented.
- Colocalization of acetylcholinesterase, butyrylcholinesterase and choline acetyltransferase in rat spinal cord. Mis, Katarina // Human & Experimental Toxicology;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p543
In our previous in situ hybridization study in the adult rat spinal cord we demonstrated that only neurons express mRNAs for acetylcholinesterase (AChE; EC 18.104.22.168.) and butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE; EC 22.214.171.124.) in this CNS region; no staining was detected for these two messages in the glia...
- Correlation between Choline Signal Intensity and Acetylcholine Level in Different Brain Regions of Rat. Xiao-Xia Du // Neurochemical Research;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p814
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Acetylcholine is an important excitatory neurotransmitter, which plays a crucial role in synaptic transmission. The level of acetylcholine is decreased in the early stages of Alzheimer disease (AD), the most common neurodegenerative disease. Therefore, measurement of...
- VAChT. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p955
A definition of the term "VAChT" is presented. It is an abbreviated term for Vesicular Acetylcholine Transporters.
- Bienzymatic Acetylcholinesterase and Choline Oxidase Immobilized Biosensor Based on a Phenyl Carboxylic Acid-Grafted Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube. So-Ra Lee; Hyo-Eun Lee; Yun Ok Kang; Wan-Seok Hwang; Seong-Ho Choi // Advances in Materials Science & Engineering;2014, p1
Bienzymatic acetylcholinesterase (AChE) and choline oxidase (ChOx) immobilized biosensor based on a phenyl carboxylic acid-grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWNT) modified glass carbon electrode (GCE) and carbon-screen printed electrode (SPE) was fabricated for acetylcholine detection in...
- Chain melting temperature estimation for phosphatidyl cholines by quantum mechanically derived quantitative structure property relationships. Holder, Andrew J.; Yourtee, David M.; White, Derek A.; Glaros, Alan G.; Smith, Robert // Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2-4, p223
Geometries for 62 phosphatidyicholines (PC) were optimized using the AM 1 semiempirical quantum mechanical method. Results obtained from these calculations were used to calculate 463 descriptors for each molecule. Quantitative Structure Property Relationships (QSPR) were developed from these...
- What Choline Does for the Brain and the Body. Raloff, Janet // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p26
Reports on results of research on the role of the dietary supplement choline in the body and brain. Benefits of prenatal choline; Result of studies on the effect of the nutrient on rat brains; Implication of severe choline deficiency in adulthood.
- Cationic Amphiphiles of Methylphosphonates and Cholesterol Phosphocholines and Their Homo Derivatives. Predvoditelev, D. A.; Malenkovskaya, M. A.; Nifant'ev, E. E. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Oct2003, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p1530
A method of synthesis of (Pâ†’O) and (Pâ†’N)-choline cholesteryl methylphosphonates and their homo derivatives of the cationic type is developed. These compounds were obtained by the Arbuzov reaction between bromomethane and cyclic cholesteryl phosphorous esters and amidoesters and...