Dried Beans and Peas
- BEAN PIES. // Creative Amos;Summer2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p4
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making bean pies using dried beans and peas.
- FAT FIGHTING FOODS. Krumm, Jo Ellen // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2004, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p86
Suggests several foods that reduce fats and promote health. Servings of high-fiber cereals; Addition of dried beans to vegetable soup; Nuts and seeds.
- Solet. Gruber, Ruth Ellen // New Jersey Jewish News;5/20/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p24
A recipe for Solet is presented.
- Four dried pulses to try. Mehigan, Gary // BBC Australian Good Food;Jun2010, p116
The article offers information on dried pulses including barlotti beans, black-eyed beans and haricot beans.
- The Musical Fruit. Wayland, Bridget // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 166, p22
Provides information on the physiological effect of dried beans. Reason for the production of intestinal gas after eating dried beans; Tips in preventing intestinal gas.
- Bean Town. // Bon Appetit;Jan2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on how to cook dried beans.
- Valley of the Dals. Haubert, Judy // Saveur;Aug/Sept2014, Issue 167, p35
The article focuses on the use of several dals, an array of dried beans and legumes and a spiced lentil-based stew, including chana dal, masoor dal, and urad dal, in Indian cuisines.
- Crop Briefs. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Jun2014, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p13
The article presents U.S. agricultural news briefs as of June 2014 on topics including approval of assessment by Colorado dry bean producers, free Good Agriculture Practices training and certification for farmers of Nevada, and impact of California's drought condition on Northwest agriculture.
- Dry bean sales look brighter. ARENS, CURT // Nebraska Farmer;Jul2013, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p44
The article focuses on the positive outlook of the production sales of dry edible beans in Nebraska.