CIA Grad Enjoys `The Action'
- How to `casserole' anything. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p90
Questions chef Bobby Lerz, executive chef and food service director at Thelen Reid & Priest, a CulinArt account in Manhattan, about the possibilities of making casseroles. Ingredients used by Lerz in his casseroles; Casserole that is considered the biggest seller for Lerz; Recipe for the...
- Veteran chef sets out on own. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
Interviews Bobby Lerz, a chef and founder of Hospitality Innovations, Inc., about contract management. Discussion of the conceptualization of business ideas; Examples of foodservices developed by Lerz; Views on Continuing Care Retirement Community; Remarks from Lerz on working with radio...
- It's 6 p.m. Do you know where your kitchen is? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on a number of recipes and products which can be prepared in a limited amount of time. Details on sodium phosphate; Identification of time-saving products; Information on packaged foods; Ingredients for the recipes; Preparational information for the recipes; Nutritional...
- Wonderslim launch set. // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p42
Reports that a small California start-up company plans to introduce Wonderslim, a product it calls `a revolutionary fat substitute for baking.' Made from dried plums and vegetable extracts; Will be marketed by Natural Food Technologies; Company founder Charles Stad; Retained Brigham Scully...
- 10 minutes to a healthy breakfast // Body Bulletin;Feb1993, p2
Offers five quick and healthy ways to get the food you need for a balanced breakfast. Feel your oats; Keep your sunny side up; Take a spud to breakfast; Wake up and smell the compote; Say ole to a new day; Includes tips and recipes; Details.
- Simple soups & stews. // Body Bulletin;Jan1994, p3
Gives several soup and stew recipes that are low in calories and easy to prepare. Hearty vegetable-beef soup; Sausage-apple & sweet potato stew; Turkey stew Italiano; Companions for one-pot meals; More.
- American classics revisited. // Body Bulletin;Feb1994, p2
Lists several recipes for the month of February. Easy microwave lasagne; Skinny mac & cheese; New age green bean bake; Easy chicken pot pie; Ingredients; Calories and fat per serving; More.
- Great balls of fire! Bank, Joseph // Bicycling;Mar1993, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p82
Presents a recipe for a homemade version of commercial energy bars. A fig-based energy food; A healthful mix of carbohydrate, protein and fat; Includes nutrients like potassium, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin; More.
- Zap the road hungries. Wilson, E.K. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p10
Gives recipes for snacks that can be taken along on long rides which will save time and money. Breakfast bites; Apple `leather'; Peanut butter treats; Scramble.