Southwest is top-paying mkt. segment
- CUTTING CATERING'S LABOR. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p70
Part II. Gives advice on reducing labor costs in the food service business. Reduction of the menu items; Incorporation of convenience products into the catering mix; Recruitment of students as temporary staff.
- Volunteers slash labor bill at Colubus Civic Center. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p62
Reports that the Columbus Civic Center (CCC) in Georgia is decreasing its foodservice labor-costs. How the CCC is decreasing the costs; Details on an employee training program which was designed to provide faster and courteous customer service; Indication that the CCC was formerly the Municipal...
- INTRODUCTION. Lewis, Cheryl; Brown, Douglas R. // Food Service Professionals Guide to Controlling Restaurant & Foo;2003, p6
An introduction to the book is presented which discusses various topics including ways to reduce operating costs that are primarily management-controllable expenses, labor, food and beverage costs and fixed or semi-fixed operating costs.
- Labor, salary issues define 2000 views. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p65
Focuses on the issues that define views about food service in prisons for the year 2000. Impact of equipment and labor; Rank of correctional-labor costs in non-commercial food service; Information on the salary of food service directors.
- Foodservice Gives Thumbs Up TO FROZENS. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;May2002, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p44
Reports on the utilization of frozen foods by U.S. restaurateurs and other food services sector. Relation on the use of prepared foods and the reduction of labor costs; Discussion on the preparation time of restaurant dishes; Volume of frozen food suppliers in the U.S.
- New uses for old equipment save money and space. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;7/16/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 28, p22
The article offers tips on how to save labor costs by using old kitchen equipment.
- Five Tips for Controlling Food Service Payroll Costs at Zoos and Aquariums. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Apr/May2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p16
The article offers tips on how business owners can control food service payroll costs at zoos and aquariums in the U.S. in 2011 including weighing the advantages and disadvantages of having a food service contractor, practicing honesty in terms of payroll limitations, and hiring workers who...
- CATERED AFFAIRS to remember. Fiss, Mary Lassen // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Focuses on onsite catering management in the U.S. Challenges in onsite catering; Management of labor costs; Strategies adopted by food service operators to economically cater to events of different sizes; Publicity and goodwill generated by catering events.
- COOL TOOLS. Elan, Elissa // FoodService Director;6/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p50
The article reports on much-improved products being offered by equipment manufacturers to foodservice directors in the U.S. faced with the challenge of having to make quick restaurant-quality meals to meet the needs of demanding customers as of June 2011. The directors are said to rely on...