Here's to Your Health
- Chocolate: The Happy Food. Buckwalter, Janet // Appleseeds;Feb2006, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p25
The article presents the advice given to the author by a doctor expert in chocolate science on the benefits of chocolate as a food. The doctor advised the author to drink a cup of hot cocoa made with good cocoa powder, sugar, and milk, every day. The doctor told that dark chocolate is one of the...
- FOOD to the RESCUE. Fittall, Karen // Good Health (Australia Edition);Apr2016, p76
The article offers information on several healthy foods for everyday situation. Topics discussed include the pumpkin salad for dry and dull complexion, the omega-3 fatty acids than the grain-fed variety contained in the grass-fed beef, and the statement of the researchers from Great Britain...
- Health food: Merlot and truffles. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
Reports that chocolates contain antioxidants which guard against heart disease. Phenol content of milk chocolates; Similarity of effect to red wine.
- Support for chocolate's health benefits BUILDS. Sectzer, Jessie Ray // Candy Industry;Oct2001, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p42
Discusses a study regarding the heart healthy aspects of chocolate. Health effects of flavonoids contained in chocolate; Nutritional value of a small bar of dark chocolate; Antioxidant characteristics in chocolate.
- Choc It Up. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p118
Discusses the health aspects of eating chocolates. Fat contents; Hypotheses on its mood boosting effect; Antioxidant properties.
- Nature's Surprising Antioxidants. Tyler, Varro E. // Prevention;Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p105
Offers information on food and herbs that contain antioxidants. Health benefits of rosemary and sage; Some popular adaptogens such as Asian ginseng, cat's claw, schisandra and milk thistle; Fruits that contain anti-aging benefits; Antioxidants found in chocolate.
- FIT FOOD. // Women's Fitness;Dec2014, Issue 134, p24
The article presents tips, question and answer, and a recipe related to food. Topics discussed include an answer to a question related to benefits of eating organic food over conventionally grown foods having higher amount of antioxidants, presents a tip of using sprouted garlic as it contains...
- A to Z Guide. Bjerklie, David; Park, Alice; Song, Sora // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/19/2004, Issue 2, p90
The article presents various information related to health. About 13.2 million older U.S. citizens will be affected by Alzheimer's disease by 2050. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration suggested to make emergency contraceptive pills available over the counter. Chocolates could raise levels of...
- THROW A CHOCOLATE PARTY! Gorin, Amy // Prevention;Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p74
This article discusses the health benefits of consuming chocolate. Recommendations for selecting the best quality chocolate are presented. The author suggests that a well-made chocolate bar will snap when it breaks and claims that the flavor of Venezuelan chocolate is sweeter than the woodier...