Wood targets cafe concept to `compete on the street'
- A brand new beat for The Wood Co. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Describes the ambiance at The Wood Co.'s Jazzman's Cafe. Retail orientation of the coffeehouse; Sale of coffee, tea, baked products, salads and gourmet sandwiches; Opening of the first two locations at Lock Haven University and Lehigh Valley Health Network's Health Center in Pennsylvania.
- The Wood Co. focuses on retail with Jazzman's Cafe. King // Nation's Restaurant News;11/08/99, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p21
Cites the retail strategy of The Wood Co. through the introduction of Jazzman's Cafe, an upscale coffee house concept in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania. Role of Damon Liever, vice president of marketing, in the marketing strategy; Restaurant background of Liever; Three versions of Jazzman's.
- Popular dining. Maiorana, Bart; Krempff, Margaret // Architecture Australia;May/Jun96, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p76
Features Verona Cafe in Darlinghurst and La Mensa in Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales. Luigi Roselli as the project architect; Design features; Materials and finishes; Floor plans.
- Moonlight: A moment in the sun? Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p21
Highlights the Moonlight Cafe, which opened in May of 1996, in Chicago, Illinois. Changes made by the company to its beverage list, and menu; Citing of the menu served. INSET: Moonlight Cafe..
- Customers give rave reviews about Tower District's Revue coffee house. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/11/98, Issue 322301, p3
Features the Revue coffeehouse in Fresno, California. Customer base; Reputation of the establishment; Menu offerings; Products sold at the store; Interior decoration.
- Keeping ahead of competition. Karzen, Laurie; Morrill, Charlotte R. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p26
Features coffeehouses in Wintergreen Resort in Virginia. Design of coffeehouse interior; Supply requirements; Advice from Barbara Greatsilver; Strategy of hiring and maintaining staff; Ideas in gift wrapping.
- Cozy Cuisine. Garr, Robin // Louisville Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on services provided at the Third Avenue Cafe in Louisville, Kentucky. Description of the ambience of the cafe; Availability of vegetarian cuisine in the cafe; Prices of different delicacies available in the cafe.
- Check please! Cybercafe creates experiences that may be too real. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;9/4/95, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p30
Reports that Virtua Cafe in Miami Beach, Florida is installing virtual-reality systems in the bar-and-restaurant operation. Concept as the brainchild of owners, Paul Kavuma and Joseph Sabga.
- Hershey sweetens up Chocolate World with the launch of Chocolate Town Cafe. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p18
Report that the Chocolate Town Cafe has opened for business in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Designer of the restaurant; Menu; Range prices.