B&I's scramble to boost take-out count for lunch
- Great ideas you can use now. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Presents creative ideas on foodservice management. Includes online recruitment of student labor at colleges; Offering of opportunities for career mobilization; Offering of training program to tap on unused potentials of the conveyor oven; Provision of incentives linked with employees' mealtime...
- The power of people. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the different strategies being pursued by full-service operators to get involved in the fast-casual market by Lisa Jennings, the skyrocketing appeal of pomegranates by Pam Parseghian, and the message...
- The difference between the winners and losers will be the `human' factor. Van Warner, Rick // Nation's Restaurant News;10/07/96, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p35
Editorial. Comments on the significance of the workforce as a key to the success of any food service operation. Operators' tendency to ignore labor-related problems; Importance of operations' human-resources department; Progressive companies' efforts to highlight the role of employees in their...
- Food Protection Management Training Course Available to Food Service Establishments. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the two-day Food Protection Management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor County Extension Office located in Taylor County Expo grounds in Abilene, Texas on May 21-22, 2012.
- Food's a Numbers Game at World's Largest Casino. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p18
Presents information on the management of food services offered at Connecticut-based casino Foxwoods Casino. Number of restaurants at the casino; Information on various employees that are responsible to manage food and beverages services in the casino; Appraisal of a stewarding department in...
- Where do you go for inspiration? Conway, Sharon // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p58
The article offers the author's thoughts on how her fellow colleagues has inspired her throughout her years as a foodservice director.
- Food Protection Management course offered. // Munday Courier (TX);6/ 7/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p3
The article provides information on a two-day food protection management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor Country Extension Office, Texas on July 9, 2012 and July 16, 2012
- The Foodservice Directors of Tomorrow. Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the responsibilities of food service directors in the U.S. Skills a food service director must possess; Contention on the stringent employee selection methods in the industry; Assertion on the need to improve the image of onsite food service.
- Chapter One: Job Responsibilities. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p6
This chapter describes the job responsibilities of food service managers. Food service managers oversee restaurants and other places that serve food. Among the many activities of the manager are planning meals, ordering food and supplies, the management of workers, record keeping, ensuring...