Self-branding in college fdsvc. permits needed yearly change
- Food branding on campus: More branded carts & stations. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on campus food service operators' use of manufacturer brand names. Effectiveness of self-service; Grinnell College's use of Weight Watchers frozen entrees; Stone Willy's Pizza operation at the University of Massachusetts; Pillsbury Sweet Cookies at the University of Notre Dame; Lean...
- Head of the class. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 36, Brands in foodservice. p5
Discusses the popularity of manufacturer brands in college and university foodservice in the United States. Low-cost alternative to commercial franchises; Keeping student food dollars on campus; Results of survey of foodservice operators; Reasons for opting for manufacturer-type brands.
- AND TESTING DELIVERY: Campuses expand brands with Villa Pizza serveries. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on three universities in the United States which have opened Villa Pizza units in the brand's first entry into campus food service. Princeton University in New Jersey; Carmichael Towers in Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania.
- MENU BRANDING IN COLLEGES: A vital tool for success. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p64
Reports on the importance of menu branding in the college-university segment of foodservice. Search of customers for quality; Cost-effectiveness; Implications to the reputation of the university.
- Do brands still sizzle? // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p82
Focuses on the popularity of branded food concepts in college campuses in the United States. Popularity of branded concepts compared to branded foods; Factors affecting the popularity of branded concepts in colleges; Disadvantages of offering branded foods for food service operators in colleges.
- In Wake of QSRs: Campus operators explore brand alternatives, choices. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p16
Reports that branding is increasing among college and university food service operators in the United States. Branded concepts using lessons learned from quick-service restaurants on campus in the 1980s and 1990s; Examples of branded programs at some universities.
- Branding on Campus: Working out the `right mix.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p80
Provides information on branding concepts on college food service in the United States. In-house branding; Complaints of students about the prices of non-branded foods; Key to the success of branded concepts; Examples of brands at some colleges. INSET: Daily Sales Tip $5,000: Univ. of...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.