West Coast VA adds use of cook-chill, convenience foods
- Veteran-Centered Care. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that a new veteran-centered care program has replaced patient meal service at the GV Montgomery Veterans Affair Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Dear Editor. Skillman, Roger B. // Today's Dietitian;Nov2012, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p10
Letters to the articles are presented in response to the articles "Meal Service With a Personal Touch" and "Breast-Feeding Success" in the October 2012 issue.
- MEAL SERVICE WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH. Zanteson, Lori // Today's Dietitian;Oct2012, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p24
The article provides information for the nutrition and food services team at G. V. Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi, which revitalized its inpatient meal service program to improve the appetizing experience of its veterans. Tricia Mathias, chief of nutrition and food...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...