Brevard Cty. schools now charging food purchases
- COMPLETE WITH CHECKS AND BALANCES: Mesa USD computerizes inventory in central facility. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the computer system at the Mesa Unified School District in Arizona for managing food inventories. Comments from Jill Benza, director of food and nutrition and auxiliary services, about the system; Benefits provided by the system; Estimated amount spent on the system project.
- Foodservice technology served via cyberspace. Grimes, Robert L. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/96, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p14
Reports on trends in the area of technology of the food service industry. Software upgrades; Enhancement of training tools; Development of PC-based architecture; Companies' offering of data management, storage and back-up via the Internet.
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- Charlotte joins Winner's Circle. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the move of the Charlotte-Mecklenberg School District to join the North Carolina Winner's Circle healthy dining program of the North Carolina Prevention Partners organization in 2004. Details of the foodservice initiative of the school district; Aim of the healthy dining program;...
- UNANNOUNCED CHECK-UPS: Florida school district audits cafeterias. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the implementation of a Five Star Quality and Performance Review by the Brevard County School District in Florida its school cafeterias. Explanation from Dawn Houser, food service director of the district; Scope of the review; What made the program successful; Benefits of the program.
- community. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on the annual Veteran's Day celebration at the East Side Elementary School in Greater Johnstown, Pennsylvania. The most recent event has garnered state-wide television and press coverage with more than 400 veterans from the county, along with various local...
- Hot Potato in the School Cafeteria. Beem, Kate // School Administrator;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the increasing number of school districts in the U.S. that are using the services of food service contract management companies. Reason behind the trend; Estimated number of food service management companies that operate in schools in the U.S. in 2000; Factors that affect the...
- SIMPLIFYING THE PROCESS WITH: AUTOMATED MENU MGMT. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p86
Deals with the use of software systems for automating menu management in the U.S. food service market. Features of the software system used at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation; Goals of the food service management software adopted at the University of Montana; Comments from Mike Hoffer,...
- Baltimore County Automates Its Textbooks. Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p26
Unveils the plan of the Baltimore County School District to automate how textbooks are ordered and managed in Maryland. Significance of textbook automation systems; Cost-saving benefits from automation systems; Initiatives relevant to the plan.