Dow calls FED rate cut "dangerous"
- Major Chemical Firms Post Weak 4Q, Challenges Ahead. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Profits posted by Dow Chemical Co.; Decline in the profits of Nova Chemicals Corp.
- Major Chemical Companies Record Blockbuster Quarter. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the sales and net income of major chemical companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share of Dow Chemical Company; Total profits and earnings for the quarter of Nova Chemicals Corporation; Percent gain in earnings of Union Carbide Corporation.
- Polyethylene Market Unlikely to be Affected by Nova Shutdown. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p20
Reports that the polyethylene market is unlikely to be affected by Nova Chemicals Corp.'s plans to shut down operations of a polyethylene line in Corunna, Ontario. View that high natural gas costs has crimped the industry's profitability and made it less competitive globally.
- News briefs. // Chemical Week;2/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p7
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues in the United States. Acquisition plans of Nova Chemical company for a polyethylene company; Appointment of Michael D. Parker as president and chief executive officer of Dow Chemical company; Settlement of the patent litigation between DuPont and...
- Executive Summary. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2008, p5
The article presents information on the petrochemicals industry in Canada. The industry which is the third largest industry in the country's manufacturing sector, is concentrated in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. Nova Chemicals Inc., Petro-Canada and Dow Chemical Co. are some of the major...
- Insight Into Competitive Arena. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2009, p33
The article presents information on various petrochemical companies in Canada. It is stated that Nova Chemicals Corp. is a dominant player in the petrochemical sector in Canada, with manufacturing plants in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. An ethylene cracker plant is operated by Imperial Oil Ltd....
- CW75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;4/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p31
Provides information on the stock performance of several chemical firms as of April 20, 2005. Nova Chemicals; Arch Chemicals; Dow Chemical.
- CW15 stock performance. // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p48
This article analysis the performance of the stocks of chemical companies in the market. Several analysts have lowered third-quarter and full-year 2005 earnings estimates for some basic chemical makers, including Dow Chemical, Huntsman and Nova Chemicals, because of short-term margin pressure as...
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p8
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. BASF AG is planning to reduce 250 jobs in Great Britain, as it consolidates the former Swiss specialty chemical firm Ciba. Abu Dhabi-based International Petroleum Investment Co. (IPIC) has closed on its 2.3bn dollars takeover of...