Shell declares FM on Norco propylene
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/28/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on several top stories of the journal related to Japan which include one related to the shutdown of several petrochemical plants, the other related to the aftermath of earthquake and the third on the shut down of two chemical facilities by Dow Chemical Co. and DuPont.
- DuPont to close Australian nylon unit. Forster, Christine // Chemical Week;8/27/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 33, p25
Announces that DuPont Australia company will close its nylon fibers plant at Bayswater, Victoria in 1998. Reflection of the company's decision.
- PLASTICS & COATINGS: MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p26
Presents news briefs related to the plastics and coatings market as of April 24, 2000. Phillips Chemical Company's development of a grade of its Ryton polyphenyl sulfide as a cost-effective replacement for thermoset materials; Increase in the price of E. I. du Pont de Nemours' DuPont Ti-Pure...
- Packaging & Industrial Polymers Starts up Production Line in Shenzhen. // China Chemical Reporter;6/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p12
Reports on DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers' investment in DuPont Bynel and Fusabond resin production lines in Shenzhen, China. Target customers of the company; Equipment and technologies in the plant; Funding for the project.
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/99, Vol. 256 Issue 20, p11
Presents news briefs on petrochemical industry from around the world as of November 1999. Implication of the price increase planned by E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. for all grades of adipic acid in North America; Decline in the price of benzene contracts from October to November 1999; Previews...
- DuPont emerging as major force in PTA. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;08/25/97, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p5
Details E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s move to boost its entry into the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market with the purchase of Imperial Chemical Industries PLC's polyester business. Shift in DuPont's position from PTA buyer to seller; Skepticism on DuPont's commitment to the commodity...
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/01/99, Vol. 256 Issue 18, p14
Presents news briefs from the petrochemical industry in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Price increase sought by E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. for methylamines.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2046, p6
Presents news briefs on the petrochemicals industry in Europe, as of March 2003. Agreement of the representatives of Belgian employers and employees on the wage increase for white collar workers in the chemical industry; Reaffirmation of DuPont on its earnings projections for the first quarter...
- Generous to a Fault. // Progressive;Jul88, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p9
Reports that when E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. quits the Savannah River Plant in 1989, there will be no plant closings. Companies bidding to take over the South Carolina facility; Severance pay which the U.S. government will shoulder; Contrast with the decision not to pay severance to...