Tightness triggers hikes
- Rising volatility, rising prices. CHANG, JOSEPH; Ford, Brian // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p10
The article presents the views of Peter Huntsman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of chemical producer Huntsman, on the fate of the petrochemical industry in the near future. Huntsman predicts that rising volatility and prices on many fronts, including energy and chemicals, will be...
- Ethylene increase prompts LAO seller to pass on costs. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p10
Reports that the success of linear alpha-olefins producers price increases in the first half of 2004 has led sellers to pass on ethylene feedstock costs in Europe. Performance of butene-1 and octene-1 in the chemical markets; Demand for the butene-1 chemical in the Middle East; Growth prospects...
- US olefins to stabilize in 2006. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p24
This article reports that the U.S. olefins market is expected to come down from the recent highs in the first quarter of 2006 because of a slowdown in demand and a jump in supply availability. Donald Carson, analyst with Merrill Lynch, said that, with U.S. ethylene availability improving due to...
- Cheap oil brings no cheer for petchems. // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the reaction of European petrochemical produces on the slump in crude oil prices. Decrease of benchmark Brent crude; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' failure to agree on output cuts; Drop in naphtha feedstock prices.
- Paraxylene makers seek hike while market is still tight. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans to increase contract prices for the petrochemical paraxylene in the United States, for the fourth quarter of 1997. Effects of pressures from Asia on the proposed price increase; Contract nominations issued by key paraxylene manufacturers; Paraxylene prices in the third...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p18
Presents updates on petrochemical prices in the United States, as of November 1998. Includes spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Contract prices of ethylene; Decline in methanol prices.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs related to petrochemical prices in the United States, as of June 8, 1998. Includes Shell Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Corp.'s increase of acetic esters prices; Increase in the off-schedule price for acetone; Pricing of oxo chemicals.
- Calm after the storm. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p7
Reports on the performance of the Middle East petrochemicals industry in 1999. Decline of oil prices; Collapse of major markets in the Far East; Optimism on the prospects of the industry.
- Highs amid conflict. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p31
The article reports on the increases in the ICIS Petrochemical Index (IPEX). The increases were the result of the continued Middle East conflict, surge in crude oil prices. Nine of the twelve petrochemical grades incorporated in the IPEX product basket increase. Olefins prices rose globally....