- Chemical Profile . // Chemical Market Reporter;3/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 11, p39
Presents information about the propionic acid industry. Major producers and total capacity; Demand in 2001 and 2002; Projected growth through 2006; Key applications; Strengths and weaknesses; Sector's prospect.
- Propionic acid. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/97, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p49
Provides data and information regarding propionic acid production. Major producers and their capacity; Demand; Growth; Price; Uses; Strength; Weakness; Outlook.
- Market Analysis of Propionaldehyde and Propionic Acid. Zhang Xiangping // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the financial performance of propionaldehyde and propionic acid market in China as of the year 2003. Assessment of the total consumption of propionaldehyde; Financial problems affecting the production of propionaldehyde series products; Use of propionic acid as anti-mildew agent for...
- Eastman Chemical boosts capacity. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;11/30/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p12
Reports on Eastman Chemical's planned propionic acid plant in Longview, Texas. Capacity; Economic benefits; Timetable.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Propionic Acid in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/ 2/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2010-2015 outlook for propionic acid in several cities and states of India, including Delhi, Orissa and Assam, are presented.
- Propionic acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 13, p37
The article features the propionic acid wherein feed and grain preservatives consume 53% of it in the U.S. It mentions that the consumption of propionic acid is estimated to 42 million pounds in 2008. It notes that the acid's demand depends on the food production such as animal feeds, food...
- The 2009 Report on Propionic Acid: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/ 1/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for propionic acid for the year 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city including the percent share the...
- Propionic Acid. Kirschner, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;2/20/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p30
The article presents a chemical profile of propionic acid. Celanese Corp., Dow Chemical Co. and Eastman Chemical are producing this chemical. Celanese obtains propionic acid as a coproduct of acetic acid in the liquid-phase oxidation of n-butane. Dow and Eastman use the oxo process, which...
- 5 Fields of application: 5.10 Food and beverage preservation. Raczek, N. N. // Directory of Microbicides for the Protection of Materials: A Han;2005, p287
The article deals with the preservatives used for food and beverage preservation including benzoic acid, sorbic acid, propionic acid, sulfur dioxide, nitrite, esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid, nisin and pimaricin among others. It offers information on the other names, acute toxicity,...