NOVAshuts down Sterling
- Styrene Makers Call for Major Price Increases. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;01/31/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the planned price increases of styrene. Proposed increase by Nova and Sterling Chemicals for February 2000; Increase in styrene spot prices from December 1999 to January 2000; Why global capacity will rise for year 2000.
- Nova to Close Acquired Texas City Styrene Plant. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;9/26/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 31, p13
The article reports that Nova Chemicals has secured rights to the styrene output at Sterling Chemicals' Texas City, Texas facility for $60 million with the intention of halting styrene production at the plant. According to Jeffrey M. Lipton, CEO and president at Nova, the planned closure is...
- Nova Outage has Little Market Impact. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/25/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 23, p30
Focuses on the impact of the styrene plant shutdown of Nova Chemical at Bayport, Texas on styrene prices. Overview of the styrene market; Increase in Asian styrene prices in May 2003; Export demand for U.S. styrene producers.
- NOVA to close Ontario LLDPE line. // Canadian Plastics;Dec2003, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the closing of the polyethylene plant of Nova Chemicals Corp. in Sarnia, Ontario by December 2003. Comment from Jeffrey Lipton, president and CEO of Nova, on the impact of the closure on the company's operating costs.
- Explosion Idles Nova's Styrene Plant at Bayport, TX. // Chemical Week;6/18/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the closure of the ethylbenzene plant of Nova Chemicals in Bayport, Texas, due to an explosion incident on June 11, 2003. Information on the explosion; Production loss posted by the company; Details of its styrene production capacity.
- CEO wants "decent cash" for Styrenix. Lerner, Ivan; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;11/20/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the desire of Jeffrey Lipton, president and CEO of chemical firm Nova Chemicals, to sell off the company's styrene business or convert it into a joint venture. Lipton also said that the firm will focus more on its polyethylene business. Information on the financial...
- Nova seeks new chief for styrenics business. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p9
Reports on Nova Chemicals Inc.'s search for a new vice president for its styrenics business. Nova President and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Lipton's take over as vice president of the business; Lipton's replacement of Wes Lucas; Division's posting of a loss of $2 million.
- Nova Shifts CEO to Pittsburgh. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/8/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 33, p12
Reports the relocation of several employees of Nova Chemicals company, including president and chief executive officer Jeffrey Lipton, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Speculations on the relocation plans of the firm; Views from industry analysts.
- Advertising the Industry's Case. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the important speech delivered by Nova Chemicals Chief Executive Jeffrey Lipton at Pittsburgh Chemical Day on April 30, 2002. Reason previous advertising attempts by the chemical industry in the mid 1990s did not work; Elements of the right program that are being put in place to...