- MILESTONES. Lacayo, Richard // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/30/2004, Issue 34, p18
The article offers news briefs from around the world. Calayan Rail, a new species of flightless bird has been discovered on Calayan Island, northern Philippines. Hugo Chavez Frias, President of Venezuela, hailed as a hero by the nation's poor but denounced as authoritarian by his critics. Elmer...
- NATION: WORLD BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;7/25/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p8
The article offers world news briefs. Venezuela President, Hugo ChÃ¡vez Frias, is going to sell 110,000 tons of urea to Petrocaribe program partners under installment scheme payment. Church officials in India are worried and dismayed on the missing of some Indian participants in the...
- IN BRIEF. // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Nov2006, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p7
This section presents international news briefs related to the environment. President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela has promised to supply China with barrels of oil by 2012. A Slovenian brown bear controversially released in the French Pyrenees earlier in 2006 has been found dead at the foot of a...
- WEEKLY BRIEFING. // New Statesman;8/16/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5014, p10
Presented are world news briefs current for the week of August 16, 2010. Severe flooding and landslides took place in China. Paul Kagame, the president of Rwanda, won re-election with 93 percent of the vote. Hugo ChÃ¡vez, the president of Venezuela, visited Colombia.
- NATIONAL: briefs. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;7/28/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p3
The article offers world news briefs which include the new laws commended by U.S. President Barack Obama including one in an effort to reduce wasteful government payments, the lifting of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez with its diplomatic relationships with Columbia after Columbian officials...
- Conventional Wisdom. // Newsweek;7/4/2011, Vol. 158 Issue 1/2, p28
A chart is presented that lists world news events including information on U.S. presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, the passage of gay marriage in New York and the disappearance of Venezuelan President Hugo ChÃ¡vez.
- NEWS MAKERS. // Bank Technology News;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
The article offers world news briefs including the threat of Venezuela President Hugo Frias Chavez to imprison the Venezuelans who discuss government intervention in the banking industry on twitter or other social media sites, Microsoft Corp. setting up a fake bank branch in Manhattan, New York...
- WORLD. // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 133, p6
Presents world news briefs as of June 1, 2000. How China polices the Internet; The difficulty journalist Dan Murphy faced from the military when travelling without walking papers into the Kamu Valley in Irian Jaya; The reading habits of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
- Venezuela and Japan Study Petchem Investments. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the 12 agreements signed between Venezuelan president Hugo ChÃ¡vez and the government of Japan to explore energy, infrastructure and petrochemical projects in Venezuela. The projects include a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Venezuela's Pequiven and Japan's...