European plastic prices start to soften
- Pricing Update. // Plastics Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p73
Presents updates on the prices of various plastics in June 2005. Polyethylene; Polypropylene; Polystyrene; Polyethylene terephthalate.
- Polypropylene and Polyethylene Appear to Stall. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/4/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the markets for polypropylene and polyethylene. Increase in demand for the plastics; Increase in prices of plastics; Availability of the plastics in secondary market.
- Latin American PE and PP Demand Still Rising. Thurston, Charles W. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/19/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 25, pFR 6
Focuses on the increasing demand for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in Latin America. Factor that is driving the markets for those plastics; PE and PP capacity additions in Brazil; Key factors for the selection of location for capacity.
- Indian producers reduce domestic PP, PE offers. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Apr2010, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p57
The article reports on the move made by plastic producers in India in April 2010 to reduce their domestic polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE) offers.
- PP & PS Prices May Rise. Shermann, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Feb2007, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p76
The article presents updates on the prices of various plastics. In January 2007, polypropylene and polystyrene prices were moving upward, while polyethylene was relatively flat and polyvinyl chloride remained soft. There are also indications of a build-up in the resin inventory. The article...
- PLASTICS NEWS FYIâ€¦. // Plastics News;8/8/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p3
This section presents information about the projected demands for polyethylene film and polypropylene film in China, Western Europe and United States.
- plastics & coatings In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p21
Presents news briefs on the prices of plastics and coatings in the market as of September 24, 2001. Price increase on polyethylene; Decision of polypropylene producers to increase the price of the product.
- Cross your fingers, hope for best. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/11/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
The article focuses on the performance of categories like polyethylene, polypropylene (PP), and polystyrene, in the plastic industry of North America in 2010. Glenn Wright, commercial vice president of North America Basic Plastics for Dow Chemical Co., says North American polyethylene is much...
- Producers Try to Pass Along Rising Feedstock Costs. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p35
Reports on the decision of U.S. plastics producers to raise their prices in 2003. Reason for the move; Amount of the increase planned by polyethylene producers; Plans of polypropylene producers for the prices of their products.